View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
daydreams ears perked at the mention of being a warrior. had they really been missing that much? that they forgot to even ask nightpaw how her life had been going for once? her training? her well being? they had been so caught up in their own selfishness they couldnt see their best friend right infront of them. "Atleast i did something right." the thought made them feel slightly better, even if they didnt show it on the outside. they had nightpaw. and right now, that had to be enough, they had no choice. they took a glance towards her. she had grown so much, basically bigger than daydream at this point. she was going to be a warrior, a true member of this clan. they could remember when she was a scared kittypet who had been attacked by dogs on the brink of death. and now she was here, living through battles and training. daydream was so proud of her. "Im proud of you." they mewed softly, looking up at her this time. that was the most theyve spoken for days it seemed. but they were, they were proud of their nightpaw.
Much to Nightpaw's surprise, they did reply. While she wasn't thrilled at how the first words seemed to have a cutting edge to the enby, she clearly heard Daydream say that they were proud. She smiled softly, hope rising at seeing just this little bit of engagement from her dear friend. "Thank you. It's been a journey." There had been many twists and turns in Nightpaw's life as a clancat. She'd made friends, she'd learned, she'd lost, she'd fought. And through it all, she had come to love Shadowclan and the forest, and the life the warriors of the clans lived. Daydream had seen her through it all, as a caretaker, a friend, even a mentor or sorts at points when she gave her her first battle training after her first mentor stopped training her. In spite of all the hardship Daydream had suffered, they'd always found time for Nightpaw. She didn't think she could ever pay them back. But at least she could be there for them. She butted her head into Daydream's neck as they walked. "Not as proud as I am of you," she countered, adding in her own mind, I'm here...