Old April 13th, 2024, 10:37 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: you're gonna go far, kid !! [grouse training]

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 39 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye (left gouged out)]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend
· · ────────────── · ·
[Grousepaw - @redshiftreign ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Ah. Grousepaw. One of the many projects Mistlewhisker had taken up in her recent moons. The apprentice's laxness and subtle disobedience was a liability to the clan, and annoying to her. She had seen him passed around mentor to mentor, as no one could manage him for long before either begging for a reassignment or giving up all together on training him. Mistlewhisker had repeatedly approached him with offers for training, as he was falling behind the typical progress one would expect of a 10 moon old apprentice.

So needless to say, she was surprised to hear Grousepaw approach as she was crossing camp from one meaningless task to another. She slowed to a stop as he got close enough, her muscled form looming over them. His lax tone already pricked at the cool calm she shrouded herself in, threatening to irritate her. "You know how I feel about you addressing me just as 'Mistle'." A whisper of a grimace ghosted over her face. "My name is Mistlewhisker. You are an apprentice, and shall address me as such. Thank you." She knew he wouldn't follow her wishes, but she would be consistent in her feedback.

His question about training, however... "I would be glad to spar." She meowed, long tail swishing behind her. "Come, I know a good spot." It was where she had taught apprentices stealth training, done Palesong's assessment, trained Squirrelpaw in hunting and Goopypaw in confidence. It was one of her favorite places in the territory. She remembered Thornwing training her there, and thought it only fit to honor his memory by training the next generation of ShadowClan where he taught her.

The clearing was surrounded by old-growth pines and maples, several large, flat stones covered in moss and lichen lining one side of the clearing. In Leaffall, the ground was made soft by fallen pine needles and maple leaves, and the ground always smelled sweetly of plant decay and moss. Now, in the very beginnings of Newleaf, the moss was chilled with remnants of the night, and the ground was soft with rain. Mistlewhisker took a deep breath through her nose, the coolness filling her lungs and refreshing her.

The enforcer turned to face Grousepaw. "Alright. Begin when ready." That was all Mistlewhisker said, standing idly on the tufts of grass, watching him with her one piercing eye.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; April 13th, 2024 at 10:38 PM.