Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2017, 04:35 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The young former warrior waited patiently for a response. She was certain that they would say ‘I do’. After all, what kind of a cat didn’t want to serve their clan as an official medicine cat with their full name? It would be an honour! That is, if that was your passion. Crimsontiger personally didn’t see serving her clan as a medicine cat an honour, mostly because she’d never had much of a liking for the occupation, and she still didn’t. She might as well go ahead with the ceremony, but that wouldn’t be right. Waiting for the cat to say ‘I do’ was an important part of the ceremony and it was something that could not be skipped.

Daypaw gave their response and Crimsontiger opened her mouth to speak the next set of words, but she suddenly registered what they’d just said and she faltered. Her smile dropped and her eyes widened as she stared at the other cat. The she-cat wasn’t sure what to think of this. She had a whole heap of emotions coming at her, all at once. Ones like shock and confusion, and even a little bit of anger. Were they saying that they didn’t want to serve their clan? “Are you saying that you don’t want to serve your clan as a full medicine cat?” Crimsontiger asked, using a demanding tone to blurt her thoughts out loud before she could think about it. Her temper was coming out again. It had been hidden for so long, and now that fiery attitude that she owned was coming back. The she-cat was so confused. She calmed herself down and let their words run through her head on repeat. They’d suggested that they were not ready. “You are ready,” she said, her voice taut as she kept the anger down. “I would not be here today if I didn’t know that you are ready. I’ve watched you and I’ve watched you go through everything that you have experienced. I know that you deserve your name,” Crimsontiger said. The ebony feline had never really been good at encouraging others and telling them about how ready they were. When she was alive, she’d never cared enough for the confidence of others to help them. But this was one of those times where she just had to do it.
daypaws eyes went into slits at her question. are you saying you dont want to serve your clan? on the surface it could seem like they didnt, that they thought everything was crap and could be doing better things. but when you looked past that, they were a hard worker. motivated with healing, driven beyond the turning point and they still did their job. ¨there is a difference between serving your clan, and serving starry cats who play god.¨ they mewed. they didnt care if this warrior had died long ago. respect was earned, not given aimlessly. at least, thats how they saw it. in the past most medicine cats stuck close to starclan, they went to them for advice, amens, and so on. served them. daypaw wanted to do things different. this didnt mean they were cutting themselves off from starclan entirely, no, but they would not praise them, or even be around them if its not necessary. they had watched cats being stripped from life, they had looked into warriors eyes as they took their final breaths. death was normal, too normal, and it was sickening.

they were ready. even if the warriors support wasnt the best,daypaw could tell that she was trying. it was all the reassurance they needed. they closed their eyes for a moment. they thought of their mother, marigoldfur. they didnt talk anymore because of daypaw disowning her as a mother. they wondered how proud she would be of them. they thought about their siblings. they thought about nightpaw, how she would probably gush about their new name. they thought about geckoleaf and cricketpaw. they wondered if gecko was okay. they wished she were here.

they opened their eyes, taking a step forward, dipping their head.
¨I do.¨