View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 11:38 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyaboirussetbird View Post

Ottertail sighed and realized she looked like a terrible cat. But when she heard the mention of war, her body froze up. She was about to lash out, she felt it. She closed her eyes and waited for herself to calm down. "I'm sorry, Russetstar. I do realize that you have a lot more experience, and I..." She took a deep breath in. "I realize you don't want to start a war. Or just fight at all. And I know that's what StarClan wants. But I feel like ShadowClan just... I don't know... knows too much about RiverClan now. Trust me, trust me, I don't want to start a war either, I have... too many, way too many bad, bad memories of fighting. And I understand your decision."
She sighed and shook her head before continuing. "I'm truly sorry that I lashed out at you like that. I get really worked up really easily, and I'm a mouse brain for not trying to calm down, especially talking to you. I've always wanted to get to know you better, and I really started off on the wrong foot. This conversation doesn't have to last any longer, but would you give me a second chance?"
They felt like a pitiful kit under the judgemental stare of the RiverClan leader, and they became more and more self aware of how mouse-brained they were. She slumped down, feeling stupid and disrespectful. Disloyal, even.
"...it's perfectly alright- i can understand that there may be concerns, though i'm sure that by helping them out through this, they won't have much of a reason to use anything about the layout of our territory against us." russetstar remarked, flicking his tail back and forth with a quiet huff as he looked to be almost deep in thought, his large paws heavy with tire as he continued to speak, because he did feel like something was off. "...thank you-- though it's nothing wrong to be concerned. you did the right thing by bringing it up with me." he responded, dipping his head in a rather respectful manner as he mewed, because he had bad memories of fighting as well, memories he didn't want to relive. russetstar has always wanted to be a good leader, somebody who was known as a braver and loyal cat, someone who protected his clan at all costs. and that meant listening to his clanmates as well. "no second chances seem necessary- i'd like to thank you, actually. perhaps you've got my mind truly rolling again for the first time in awhile."

Last edited by Fel; October 10th, 2017 at 11:38 PM.