Purrks- World Weaver [T1], Herbal Knowledge [Tier 2] : WindClan Ancestor —¤

Blessed Thistle
Rosemary
Broom (yellow bells)
Chickweed
Comfrey
Dock
Juniper Berries

Coldamber surveyed those before her, gauging their reactions to being brought into a dream by a stranger. She did not see any animosity, and instead seemed to be met with genuinely grateful chattering from those in attendance.
Though, it seemed her final guest was not feeling talkative. That was alright, she wouldn't push if she didn't feel the need to speak.
She let out a soft breath, preparing to give one of the long speeches, only to decide against it. Today, perhaps, she'd need to keep it simple.
It was quite different to get long winded when it's the job of the individual she's speaking to, to remember the information. It was quite another to overload an entire group of warriors.....
So, she opted to keep it as simple as she could. She wasn't sure she was good with simple, but she'd try.

She'd start with dandelion.
Without another word, she outstretched a paw toward the ground at her audience's own paws' and between herself and them, a small meadow of low growing and flat headed yellow flowers grew from the ground. The petals were vibrant, and simple, and could almost be described as being puffy where it wasn't flat.
"This is dandelion. It is to be chewed into a poultice and applied for skin based pains, such as bug bites and burns, as it numbs the area of skin it's applied to. It is exceptionally good for bee stings."
Coldamber didn't let her gaze leave the crowd, carefully studying each of them, looking for someone who might need help or be confused. She gave them time to voice their questions, if they had any, before moving on.
"They are very common and quite plentiful. You will find them just about anywhere, but the banks of waterways would be a good place to begin any search for them."

Once it seemed the group was ready to move on, she had the dandelions retract back into the ground. Moments later, distinctly star shaped flowers bloomed in their place, its stalks tall, with many long, broadly ovate leaves, and tufts of multiple flowers at the end of each stalk.
They appeared in a variety of blues and pinks, each colour peppered in among the loose cluster so the others knew it came in both colours. Smiling, she continued.
"This is borage. Unlike dandelion, it comes in several colours, like the pink and blue ones shown here. Its leaves are eaten by your patient to help ease fevers. The most potent leaves are about halfway up the stock and have a distinct and zesty scent."
Describing where to find them was a harder task. Technically, they were found where recent Two-leg activity could be found, but she didn't want to unintentionally be the reason one of these cats risked their lives or were captured. She mulled over in her mind what it was about these sites that the plant seemed drawn to.
"You will find borage where the soil has been recently disturbed on a large scale, most likely because they enjoy the loose dirt. Woodlands work well for this search, as there are often many burrowing animals that will leave suitable earth for these plants, or old and abandoned sets once dug by badgers and foxes.... But I do not recommend going alone, in the event something has made a nest of the old nest."

Ah, the daisy....
It had been awhile since she last told someone about these plants. They were cute in their simplicity, and she was more than happy to clear out the borage and replace them.
The small flower, with delicate white petals, a soft yellow center, and spoon-shaped, oblong incised leaves that formed a rosette at the base of the plant. Single stemmed, and growing close to the ground..... The more she thought about it, perhaps the reason she liked daisies was for how much they resembled her.
Not that she'd ever admit it.....
"Daisy leaves are to be chewed and applied to areas with excessive swelling or stiffness or pain in the joints.
They thrive in short grasslands and meadows, and grow in rather large clusters despite being single flowered plants."

She paused, and allowed herself a break, and her attending students to ask any questions they may have, and a few moments extra to absorb all that she'd laid before them.

//Next teaching post will be sometime on March 3rd\\
[ @poppy. , @Bean , @Theraphosa , @starry , @Katiethewolfchild , @finley.exe ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; February 29th, 2024 at 01:39 AM.