Thread: StarClan Camp
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: StarClan Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"I know about laying down your life for your Clan," Shrikecall mewed in response. The former deputy had died for WindClan, in a way, although it hadn't been a cat from a rival Clan that had killed him right then and there. It was his pride, him being too stubborn to go to the medicine cat and, in a way, knowing that he was going to die. He'd known he was going to die a few days before his death when he'd realized the injury was getting worse. Blazingstar had tried to tell him. Heathertail had tried to tell him. But no, Shrikecall hadn't wanted to listen, and look where that had gotten him; straight to StarClan. It wasn't so bad here, he supposed, but he would've preferred to be back in WindClan. To be able to run, breathe, even smile again. He wondered if new generations of warriors would remember him. He wondered if he would fade away before he got to see Heathertail or Blazingstar... he certainly hoped not.

A smile flitted over the tom's features as Redtalon began talking about his old love. Fiery, rough around the edges... it sounded exactly like his type of cat. Yet, Heathertail had been the opposite. It was funny how certain he could be of something, and then all of a sudden, everything changed. He'd been certain he would get to spend several more moons with the love of his life. He'd been certain he would get to spend more time advising Blazingstar, watching the young leader grow into a more level-headed one. In a way, he had gotten to watch the tom grow into a better leader, just... not quite in the way he'd wanted.

"Oh, she was... perfect, really." No one was perfect, but Heathertail had been as close as Shrikecall could imagine. "She was loyal, and she was the kindest cat I've ever known; she loved kits, too. She was brave and had this - this playful streak in her. She made me want to be better, for her." He paused for a moment, reminiscing on the good times they'd had together. There had been so many, and more than anything else, he missed her. "Her name was Heathertail."
Upon hearing the other tom state that he knew about sacrificing life for the clan, he'd look over with a curious but approving gaze. Redtalon did not know this tom; in his time in Starclan, he tried his best not to look upon the living for fear of his yearning growing to great. And when he did look, he only looked at Thunderclan, his only home. You would think he would know something about the deputies, at least recognize them, but the mostly red-furred tom had not a clue about Shrikecall. He regarded him, looking him over, trying to come up with his life story, but decided he would ask. Later though, after the other tom spoke about his own love, because Redtalon was honestly interested. Hearing about who someone else loved helped to paint what kind of cat they were. And he enjoyed seeing the happiness it brought others.

Even he had to grin a bit as the old Windclan deputy described Heathertail, head nodding as her name was given. "She sounds like a lovely gal, a good cat for the clan. Speaking of clans, I don't recognize you, we've never met." Shifting himself so that he faced the other better, making for an easier way of talking instead of continuously turning his head, he'd dip his head lightly before introducing himself.

"I'm Redtalon, used to be a warrior of Thunderclan. They used to call me one of the fiercest warriors on the battlefield when I was still alive, sent a lot of cats running with their tails between their legs," he purred out with a small look of glee, remembering all of the old battles. The days when he felt the fresh sting of wounds, the hoarseness of his voice from yowling like a wildcat, sending cats fleeing without ever laying a claw on them. He never really hated the other clans, but he did enjoy meeting them in battle.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?