View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:37 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Lotusheart looked rather happy as the tom recognized her, her fluffy tail rose into the air before she settled down to talk to him. A small purr of amusement left her throat at his questions and the realization of the order he asked them in. She didn't mind though, she could go on about her kits all day long. "I'm fine and the kits are great I hope! Since they left the nursery, they've been too busy to talk much with me, but I know they're doing great. Quailpaw has you as mentor and that's probably the best news," she replied with a warm smile. She tucked her large paws under her fluffy tail and gave Jasperpelt her full attention. Her friend deserved nothing less than that. For everything he's done for her first litter of kits and for her, she wasn't sure what else she could do to show her appreciation. Jasperpelt had proven he could be a great father one day, for whatever lucky she-cat got his attention like that. Just the idea made her ears burn with jealously -- however Lotusheart wasn't aware of the emotion -- and she had to look towards the clearing to think about something else.
Lotusheart's friendly words about him being Quailpaw's mentor made the black tom's ears burn a little with embarassment, but he smiled anyways upon hearing her words. It was very sweet of her to say something like that. "Thank... thank you," He mewed, his mind momentarily on autopilot after she had spoken. There was a slight stutter when he spoke, having a higher level of embarassment then normal Even hearing the words come out of his maw didn't sound quite right, it sounded more like they were someone else's. He hadn't meant it to be that way, it just... was. "I'm really glad you're doing good, and... and Quailpaw's going to be a great apprentice, they're already doing great," The tom mewed with another friendly smile in Lotusheart's direction. She definitely deserved kudos for raising those kits mainly on her own - Jasperpelt had helped, and Fogstep had helped while he had been alive, but Lotusheart had done the hard work. Especially after her mate had died, she had gone on and become a shining beacon of hope for those kits. He doubted they would have turned out as great without her guidance. If she ever decides to have a mate again... that's a lucky tom. Jasperpelt thought, his smile faltering a little despite the fact it should have been a happy thing to think about. Somehow, it just didn't feel right - there being someone else there.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.