View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:38 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Prototype RP [PRIVATE]

- @tinyalienkid -

[Can I just say that I love the interactions between Carter and Alexander?]

"Perhaps I should have been the court jester instead." Alexander mused, mimicking the two-pronged jester hat with his hands and doing a slight jig before dropping his arms and smirking at Carter. He was glad for the armor as it would be likely that his heart was pounding loud enough to be heard through regular clothing. He caught the look of admiration in Carter's eyes yet didn't say a word about it; Carter was easily flustered if Alexander called him out on things he wished to keep hidden. Hearing Carter call him 'your majesty' was slightly jolting, although he was glad that it still remained a joking term with his friend. Alexander dreaded the day when Carter would need to use it in a non-humorous manner- but it was still ways away from today. He mouthed the words "ways away from today" in amusement to himself, liking how the words just fit so smoothly together. His golden gaze focused on Carter as the boy leaned back on the rock, smiling. "Why, for fun I suppose." He answered Carter's question off-handedly. "I like it. When I'm King, I'll have all the time in the world for fanciful clothing, but for now, I'd like to just feel like a regular guard or something." Alexander motioned his hand in a grandiose gesture of vague amusement before dropping it back to his side.

The wind rustled his blonde hair, sending the messy locks backward, up and away from his face for a moment. Alexander lifted a hand and ran it through his hair in an attempt to make it look nicer than it had been. He watched Carter stand up, vaguely curious as to what the normally stoic boy was about to do. Alexander himself sat up straight, watching as Carter turned to him with that dashing smile of his, finding his own golden gaze trapped in Carter's beautiful blue. His mouth parted slightly as he watched Carter kneel before him, about to object when Carter asked a question. It was simple enough, teasing in nature but for some reason, Alexander felt his heart get caught up in his chest, unable to breathe. Yes, he did want to run away. From the kingdom, from all the problems... from his duties. He stood up and grasped Carter's hand in his own with a beaming smile, pushing away his rapid heartbeat and forcing himself to stay calm and steady. "Of course, sir Carter Lee Ashdown, General of the Ordo Guild." He proclaimed, bringing a slightly pompous tone to his voice- making fun of his own future, rather than Carter's. Carter could choose his future. He could choose to become part of the Ordo Guild or remain a loyal citizen. But Alexander? He was stuck in his role as King. Alexander stood a good six inches higher than Carter, and he was struck by the sudden need to bend down to look Carter in the eyes and kiss him. Alexander blinked and against everything his conscience screamed at him, he released Carter's hand and stepped back- away from his chance to confess everything to Carter, and away from the possibility of becoming more than just childhood friends. "Let's be off then!" He exclaimed cheerfully, though inside he was burning up with confusion. Why had he stepped away? Was it the compulsion to stay loyal to his Kingdom, or was he scared that Carter wouldn't return his feelings?

Was it just fear of rejection that Alexander continued to make himself suffer?

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡

Last edited by rubinaito; January 15th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.