View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2018, 08:51 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

@Ryder

Quote:
The small kitten rolled onto her back, head resting against his leg as she peered up at him with her bright blue-hued eyes shining up at him. She was not a newborn, that was certain through what he could tell right now. As he had thought before, this shekit had to be around two, maybe three moons old right now - so why was she abandoned along with the rest of her littermates like they were some rotten pieces of prey? That sole thought sickened Hawkfeather, knowing that kittens were precious and special, being the future generation for many cats and for someone to treat them so carelessly. He had never met someone so cruel and he never wanted to. “So, do you have a name, little one?” The tan-furred tomcat murmured, as almost to himself more than anything as he lifted a paw and gently dangled it over her, to which the kitten uttered a squeak and attempted to grab it with her tiny, softened paws. Hawkfeather was too lost in thought, looking down at the kitten, to realize that his beloved mate, Caracalspirit, had spotted him and was making her way over to him from another part of the clearing. When she licked his ear, he almost jumped in surprise, his heartbeat racing for a moment as he looked to her. She greeted him with her usual sweetened tone, calling him his usual nickname that he had been stuck with since they had become close. However, her happy and carefree expression soon changed as the caracat’s gaze lowered to the kitten in his paws. She murmured questioning words in utter surprise at this and the tomcat immediately felt that dreaded lump return to his throat. He didn’t know what to say, would she even believe his tale or would she assume the worst - that he cheated on her with some other shecat and this kitten was the outcome. That was not the case and he knew that, but convincing Caracalspirit would be another situation altogether. Being too involved in his worrisome thoughts, Hawkfeather did not catch the words that she mumbled under her breath, but he did hear her ask to explain himself as she sat down across from him in the chilly clearing. He looked up at her for a moment with his amber-hued eyes, hoping that she would be able to see the truth within them. “Caracalspirit, sweetheart, I swear that this kitten is not mine. I would never even dare..” He didn’t even have the guts to finish the thought out loud, “I was out for my usual hunting trip as I told you I would do when I awoke in out moss nest this morning.” The male proceeding to explain his story, “I had scented a rabbit and immediately went after it, but another scent caught my attention and I just couldn’t keep myself from investigating. What I found.. It was a terrible sight and I am glad that you did not have to witness it.” Hawkfeather solemnly shook his head, “I found this young shekit among some bushes, all by herself with no mother or any adult cat nearby. I did not have the heart to just leave her there to die, so I brought her back here.” He was silent for a moment as he looked down at the shekit, who was looking over at Caracalspirit with wide, curious eyes before uttering a tiny mew. “I don’t know what to do, my love. I’ve never had really experience with situations like these.” Hawkfeather was silent after that, not really knowing what else to possibly say now.
Caracalspirit pawed her mates ear. "I didn't imply it was yours," she mewed, nudging his paw slightly away to get a better look at the tiny kit. "As for what to do with it - obviously we care for it. I think I'd be suited for it," she mewed with confidence, heart soaring as a grin appeared on her face. She'd wanted kits for a bit now, and suddenly one had appeared right before her. Okay, maybe it wasn't magic, but it was a coincidence certainly. The only problem was, she wasn't sure how to..actually..be a good parent at the moment. She knew she had to make sure the kit was safe.. and feed it..but otherwise she was clueless. She looked at her mate, then the kit. Well, this was an interesting morning.