View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 01:01 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

“I actually didn’t mean to sleep in here at all.”
Honeythistle rumbled, a coarse purr forming in his throat. “I have to admit, I did a pretty darn good job on this nest. It’s so comfortable! I’m almost envious of you, Dove.” The silver tom chuckled as he kneaded the nest softly with his paws to straighten out the disheveled side that he curled up on. “And, the fact that you were practically pinning down here, so it was impossible to leave.” He purred once more. It was an exaggeration, obviously, as he could had left if he wanted to. He never minded sharing nests with his mates. Plus, if he had left, Dovecoo would probably feel displeased at such, or maybe forget that he was her company at all during Moon high. Once he was satisfied at placing the nest back in place, Honeythistle watched as Dovecoo stretched, answering his question, so he nodded in turn. Honeythistle knew he couldn’t stay in the nursery all day. He didn’t want to invade the queens’ personal time, so he stood on his paws to step out Sovecoo’s nest. He supposed that he would get some errands done. Like the fact that he still needed to handle Crimsonblaze’s situation. He still haven’t found a suitable queen for his son. Or, he could go on a patrol, but then that would mean he would have to interact with Halfgaze. Honeythistle found that the Molly who got the acquisition of deputy was a depressing thing. Honeythistle didn’t even view her as a clan mate, let alone a deputy. He thought best to avoid her or some verbal abuse would be out in the open when it shouldn’t be. Hunting? Hm, that didn’t sound too bad. He could do with cracking his bones. Honeythistle finally turned to Dovecoo, lightly shrugging his shoulders. “Just regular business.” His answer was vague because that’s all she needed to know in his opinion. “I’ll see you by the end of the day,” he hoped. He still needed to spend time with Pearlstream liked he promised. Before he could become too stressed when it came to family affairs, Honeythistle’s eyes roamed around the nursery. It was no harm in having a hunting buddy. And, who could best fit the deal than one of his queens? He felt that since he spent the night, and the practically the entire day with Dovecoo, he didn’t want his other queens believing that he was neglecting them. When his eyes trained on Rosenose for a moment, he teasingly flicked his tail towards Dovecoo, “Don’t miss me too much, Dove.”
Dovecoo smiled in amusement as Honeythistle spoke about his intentions to leave the night before. She hadn't minded his staying with her. In fact, she quite liked waking up to the feeling of his fur brushing hers and his breathing by her ears. As Honeythistle busied himself with patting down the disheveled moss, Dovecoo yawned and stretched and rolled to get a better view of him. She was resting now slightly askew in the nest, staring up at Honeythistle with serene blue eyes. Morning was one of Dovecoo's favorite times, since it almost always came with a feeling of calmness. No one spoke loudly or did anything too jarring when it was early in the morning. It gave her a peaceful quiet that was perfect for thinking. When Honeythistle mentioned that she had pinned him down, making it impossible for him to leave, the petite feline let out a chuckle. "Oh of course!" She purred languidly, looking at her paws as she stretched them before her before turning her gaze back to the tom with a teasing smile, "We both know I'm far too heavy for you. How could you ever move me aside to escape? You had to bend to my will and stay all night, for you couldn't hope to overpower me!" Dovecoo was rarely sarcastic, and in fact wasn't even sarcastic in that moment. Sarcasm is used with a more harmful intent. Dovecoo was simply teasing Honeythistle in a light way about the obvious difference in size. Dovecoo was small by any standards and definitely not as strong as Honeythistle, even when she was fully trained. She could've taken him on with some ease in battle, winning by her speed, when her training was sharp. But, she hadn't practiced hunting or fighting in moons and her skill was as dull as a young apprentice's. She would have no hope in defeating Honeythistle in battle in this state. But, Dovecoo didn't think of that. She was hardly aware of her new weakness, still believing herself to be in her pique physical shape of before despite her lack of exercise or training in the last few moons. The molly sat up when Honeythistle appeared to be leaving and gave him a disappointed look. His vague answer was more satisfying to her now than it would have been before; she'd learned to expect few details of Honeythistle's life. Still, she was unhappy. What was she supposed to do while he was away? She had no responsibilities to tend to. As a forever queen, Dovecoo didn't need to worry about any warrior duties. But, she'd only become Honeythistle's mate a short time ago. She didn't have any kits to care for yet. She frowned at his teasing goodbye and watched as he started to leave, standing to stop him. "But, what should I do?" She asked, quickly. A single thought that she shouldn't argue with him flashed across her mind but Dovecoo rationalized it by thinking that she wasn't arguing, simply wondering. In order to temper her question, Dovecoo smiled and added in a soft voice, "It's just...I don't have any duties to see to and no kits to watch over. One can only spend so much time eating and exchanging pleasantries. What if I...came with you! Just to observe?" Dovecoo tilted her head pleadingly, not wanting to be left to sit by herself in the nursery all day. Sure, her wild thoughts were wonderful for those moments when there was nothing to do. She could sit for hours lost in thought, but a whole day? That seemed like a lot of time to be alone.