View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 03:56 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Dovecoo smiled in amusement as Honeythistle spoke about his intentions to leave the night before. She hadn't minded his staying with her. In fact, she quite liked waking up to the feeling of his fur brushing hers and his breathing by her ears. As Honeythistle busied himself with patting down the disheveled moss, Dovecoo yawned and stretched and rolled to get a better view of him. She was resting now slightly askew in the nest, staring up at Honeythistle with serene blue eyes. Morning was one of Dovecoo's favorite times, since it almost always came with a feeling of calmness. No one spoke loudly or did anything too jarring when it was early in the morning. It gave her a peaceful quiet that was perfect for thinking. When Honeythistle mentioned that she had pinned him down, making it impossible for him to leave, the petite feline let out a chuckle. "Oh of course!" She purred languidly, looking at her paws as she stretched them before her before turning her gaze back to the tom with a teasing smile, "We both know I'm far too heavy for you. How could you ever move me aside to escape? You had to bend to my will and stay all night, for you couldn't hope to overpower me!" Dovecoo was rarely sarcastic, and in fact wasn't even sarcastic in that moment. Sarcasm is used with a more harmful intent. Dovecoo was simply teasing Honeythistle in a light way about the obvious difference in size. Dovecoo was small by any standards and definitely not as strong as Honeythistle, even when she was fully trained. She could've taken him on with some ease in battle, winning by her speed, when her training was sharp. But, she hadn't practiced hunting or fighting in moons and her skill was as dull as a young apprentice's. She would have no hope in defeating Honeythistle in battle in this state. But, Dovecoo didn't think of that. She was hardly aware of her new weakness, still believing herself to be in her pique physical shape of before despite her lack of exercise or training in the last few moons. The molly sat up when Honeythistle appeared to be leaving and gave him a disappointed look. His vague answer was more satisfying to her now than it would have been before; she'd learned to expect few details of Honeythistle's life. Still, she was unhappy. What was she supposed to do while he was away? She had no responsibilities to tend to. As a forever queen, Dovecoo didn't need to worry about any warrior duties. But, she'd only become Honeythistle's mate a short time ago. She didn't have any kits to care for yet. She frowned at his teasing goodbye and watched as he started to leave, standing to stop him. "But, what should I do?" She asked, quickly. A single thought that she shouldn't argue with him flashed across her mind but Dovecoo rationalized it by thinking that she wasn't arguing, simply wondering. In order to temper her question, Dovecoo smiled and added in a soft voice, "It's just...I don't have any duties to see to and no kits to watch over. One can only spend so much time eating and exchanging pleasantries. What if I...came with you! Just to observe?" Dovecoo tilted her head pleadingly, not wanting to be left to sit by herself in the nursery all day. Sure, her wild thoughts were wonderful for those moments when there was nothing to do. She could sit for hours lost in thought, but a whole day? That seemed like a lot of time to be alone.
As Honeythistle finished pawing at the nest, he had lazily stretched once more. Shaking one paw at a time as he stood up to tower over the white Molly. She had finished her stretches, now looking up at him with brilliant blue eyes. Honeythistle had tilted his head slightly, then rolled his eyes towards the ceiling of the den at her innocent sarcasm. It didn’t come out as such, Honeythidtle noted. So, she must had been teasing him. “I guess that means you need to lay off the mice for a while, don’t you think?” He chortled, sweeping in to nuzzle her ear. Her physique wasn’t at all horrible. Even though being a queen, she wouldn’t exercise as much as a warrior would. Honeythistle viewed the pretty feline as eye candy. He was pretty sure when he was walking proudly with the alabaster queen by his side, she was the eye candy. Yet, he was the lucky one to get to love her. But, as she teased him, he threw a playful retort back, a glimmer of love entering into the hue of his yellow grassy eyes. Honeythistle slowly stepped out the nursery, bidding Dovecoo a goodbye. As he was getting ready to walk towards Rosenose, Dovecoo’s voice had called to him. Honeythistle turned his head, giving her a questioning look. “Yes, Dove?” He expected her to tell him to bring her back freshkill, which she wouldn’t have to because that was already on his agenda. Honeythistle had blinked. Then, he turned around to face her. “Well, you can watch over the other queens,” he suggested softly. His voice was shadowed however, because she was speaking again. She wanted to come with him. Honeythistle lifted a paw and shook his head. “You need to stay here. You don’t have to come everywhere with me.” He used his tail to lay it across Dovecoo’s flank. Honeythistle would had felt bad for leaving her here, but being in the nursery was something she needed to get used to. She was right! She didn’t have kits to watch over. Honeythistle had leaned in to nuzzle her cheek, but a soft furry figure had hit him, prompting Honeythistle to pull back, and twist his body to see his youngest daughter.
Papayakit padded around drowsily, but no doubt she heard the voice of her father. Unconsciously, she left the comfort of her mother to blindly step over other queens and their kits. She didn’t notice Honeythistle was the cat she bumped into. Papayakit let out a begrudged groan. She was ready to yell at the other for being in her way, but stopped immediately after blinking her sleepy eyes.
“What are you doing running around this early?” Honeythistle had purred and bent his head down to nose his daughter, causing her to topple over. He tickled her belly fur, causing her little squeals to fill the nursery. The small kit used her paws to attach it to her father’s nose, trying to push him away. When he allowed her to get up, he swiftly licked her between the ears.
Papayakit had let out a loud, soundless yawn, blinking her bright yellow eyes intently from Honeythistle to Dovecoo. “I heard your voice. I wanted to play with you!” She exclaimed. Papayakit knew that Honeythistle would allow her and Magnoliakit to play in the clearing, unlike their mother. Papayakit adored being spoiled and the center of attention in her father’s eyes. On the other hand, Honeythistle couldn’t play with her today. The tom stared down uneasily at his kit’s eyes, then he looked towards Dovecoo who held the pleading look in her eyes to go with him. It was overwhelming to think he had power over these mollies, and they made him weaker than the entire form of the forest!
“Dovecoo,” Honeythistle called, “Why don’t you watch Papayakit and Magnoliakit while I’m out. You wouldn’t be so bored then, and you’ll have kits to look after.” He suggested. His tone was one of a gentle command. Honeythistle leaned down to become eye leveled with Papayakit. “Why don’t you get to know your new mother? She’s really fascinating, I’d tell you. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with her than with me.” Honeythistle chuckled lowly. Papayakit didn’t seem pleased with this at first, but as she looked into her father’s eyes - why would he lie to her? She just wanted to play with him.
“You promise to play with Magnoliakit and me when you get back?” She pleaded.
Honeythistle nodded.” I promise.” He lifted himself up to ruffle his fur before giving Dovecoo a soft look that meant good luck. Honeythistle had padded off, exchanged some words with Rosenose before he set off with her.
Papayakit had weaves around Dovecoo’s front paws, stopping between them to look up at the white Molly. “Wanna play? Wanna play? Wanna play? I’m bored. There’s nothing to ever do here! And, Maggy is asleep, so I can’t bother her...” Papayakit lowered her ears to her head and sighed loudly, obnoxiously, and out of pure boredom.