View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:28 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Scorchingflame's ears twitched, alerting him of someone's approach. He blinked his eyes open, his golden eyes displaying exhaustion as his gaze fell on Shellfeather. Immediately, he felt his spirits rise, a smile crossing his muzzle and his eyes sparkling happily. He raised his head, a welcoming purr rumbling in his throat. He looked her over, remembering how close they'd come since his return. Scorchingflame, before he'd come back to RiverClan just recently, had been fighting for a chance with the pretty feline. Now that Russetswirl - he still refused to call him by his true name - was out of the picture, Scorchingflame had a much better chance, and he was taking advantage of that.

He adopted a rather concerned expression at Shellfeather's worrying words. Scorchingflame frowned, tilting his head slightly in confusion. He was afraid of Shellfeather telling him something he didn't want to here - that she regretted their time together, that she didn't love him, that she could do without him. All these haunting thoughts caused him to shrink back frightfully, a sad cloud washing over him. He knew it was coming - why not delay the inevitable? With a sigh, Scorchingflame looked down, shaking his head sadly. ``I - I'm sorry, Shellfeather. I thought I could make you happy, and I swear to you that I'm trying my hardest. I can do better - just don't leave me.``

The massive ginger tomcat who often came off as stoic and intimidating was now nearly in tears, afraid of losing his best friend and the love of his life. He pulled himself into a sitting position, his muscles tense with fear. He looked down at Shellfeather worriedly, but affection still littered his gaze. Scorchingflame seemed to silently apologize and swear to do better simply through this look, a plea to forgive him and allow him one more chance.

Leave him? Shellfeather hadn't expected Scorchingflame to jump to the worst ever conclusions so quickly. She was doing anything but leaving him. It was her who was afraid of him leaving, when she possibly would need him the most. She'd suffered so much, and the queen just wanted to raise kits under a normal circumstance, with a strong father and a gentle mother. And she figured she could have that type of relationship with Scorchingflame.
But there was Dappleblossom. The white-furred molly had seen how the calico looked at Scorchingflame. And being an older cat herself, Shellfeather knew what it looked like when one cat liked another. Even if the cat didn't know it themselves.

But right here, Shellfeather focused on the cat in front of her. The cat who had made her the happiest she'd been in moons. And the cat that could continue to make her happy, as long as this news didn't cause him to run away. But, after seeing the look he gave her, she felt a surge of hope rush through her veins.
"Scorchingflame. I could never just up and leave you. You are making me happy. You're my best friend. And.. Well..." She never knew something like this would be so hard. She'd already had two litters of kits, why was this any different?

"Well Scorchingflame, you're also going to be a father. To my unborn kits."

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.