View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:45 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Leave him? Shellfeather hadn't expected Scorchingflame to jump to the worst ever conclusions so quickly. She was doing anything but leaving him. It was her who was afraid of him leaving, when she possibly would need him the most. She'd suffered so much, and the queen just wanted to raise kits under a normal circumstance, with a strong father and a gentle mother. And she figured she could have that type of relationship with Scorchingflame.
But there was Dappleblossom. The white-furred molly had seen how the calico looked at Scorchingflame. And being an older cat herself, Shellfeather knew what it looked like when one cat liked another. Even if the cat didn't know it themselves.

But right here, Shellfeather focused on the cat in front of her. The cat who had made her the happiest she'd been in moons. And the cat that could continue to make her happy, as long as this news didn't cause him to run away. But, after seeing the look he gave her, she felt a surge of hope rush through her veins.
"Scorchingflame. I could never just up and leave you. You are making me happy. You're my best friend. And.. Well..." She never knew something like this would be so hard. She'd already had two litters of kits, why was this any different?

"Well Scorchingflame, you're also going to be a father. To my unborn kits."
Scorchingflame was so pleased to hear Shellfeather reassure him that she wouldn't be leaving him. Of course, he was rather pained to hear `best friend` instead of what he expected... but he was still working on trying to get her to love him. He knew the `I love yous` would be exchanged soon - he was working so hard to get them there! And with a certain russet-colored tomcat out of the picture, Scorchingflame knew his chances were great. Especially seeing how Shellfeather relied so heavily on him, and even considered him her best friend.

What he didn't expect to hear was Shellfeather telling him he'd be a father... to her kits. Those who knew Scorchingflame's intentions would tell him this is what he wanted, but no, this isn't what he wanted. He just wanted Shellfeather to love him... and then later they could worry about possible kits. He was silent for a few moments as he struggled to wrap his brain around the idea of being a father.

Could he be the father these kits deserved? Probably not. In some sick and depressing way, Scorchingflame knew he'd terribly disappoint these kits. After all, he wasn't even completely accepted into the Clan. Most likely, he'd end up leaving the Clan either by force or personal decision before the kits were even born. But he couldn't tell Shellfeather that... could he? No, I want to enjoy however much time I have left with her. Scorchingflame finally rid himself of his shocked expression, the disbelief leaving him. He laughed breathlessly, joyously. ``We're - We're going to be parents, Shellfeather! Can you believe it?`` A foolish grin crossed his muzzle. In all honesty, though he expected he'd unintentionally completely destroy these kits' hope in him, he was excited to have them.