View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 04:52 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Zerosight shuffled his paws nervously at her first statement, feeling bad for bringing up Wheatfur without even thinking about it. Even he was feeling the loss of the other medicine cat even though they hadn't spoken very often. Clearing his throat, he tried his best to reassure her. "When I taught Northpath, I gave him the an accrymn to remember the stages of puncture wounds: BSTS," He began. "It stands for bleeding, swelling, tissue-repair, and scar formation. When it reaches the 4th stage, a warrior can return to their normal duties.Basically, if the wound is closed, and a scar is formed, then it's most likely healed up properly. Don't worry if it's slightly raised and red, new scars tend to do that. It's easy to mistake the redness for infection, but it's not. It'll flatten and lighten up in a few days." Zerosight has moved to stand a little closer as he had spoken, knowing he talked softly and it was often hard to hear him.
BSTS stands for bleeding, swelling, tissue repair and scar formation. Got it. Caliapaw nodded her head, this time turning to look at the former medicine cat. "Thank you," She mewed softly. It still should have been Wheatfur, teaching her all this, but she was glad for the help. Caliapaw wasn't sure how the Clan felt about losing their medicine cat, and especially with him leaving someone so young and inexperienced in charge. She was sure she could feel the stares every time she walked out of the den, which only made her want to stay in here - away from prying eyes - even more. There were few exceptions for her. "Is there anything else I should know?" She asked. Wheatfur had taught her some things about infection, and she was almost certain she could tell the difference at this point. Infections had a strange smell, sometimes pus, and they hurt. It wasn't that hard to remember, and neither was this. It was a clever acronym, the feline had to admit - it would make it easier for next time. If there even was a next time. Caliapaw hoped her patients would understand - nobody seemed to realize how difficult and stressing this job really could be.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.