View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2023, 02:12 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Coming Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookysock View Post
Caroline couldn't help but feel bad for the guy - it must be awful to lose your family like that... and not even get to say goodbye. All she'd ever lost was a pet dog (and most of the small things she owned), and even that had been nearly unbearable.

She shook her head slowly, and without consulting her brain, her gangly legs carried her over to the young man.

"Er... are you okay?"

She knew it was a bad idea as soon as the words came out of her mouth. Caroline wished she was shorter, wished she could simply hide in this moment, get away from him, but she was here, this was happening, and she couldn't stop it, so she simply screwed her eyes shut as tight as possible and hoped he hadn't heard her.
But he does hear her. He hears her and he acknowledges her. "Nein." He then opens his eyes and sits up slightly, looking up at her. He sees that she's the one he almost knocked down. He realizes that, in this moment, he reaches a little higher than her hips if he sits sraight. He then frowns slightly again and looks away.

"No." He whispers in accented English. "I am not... Okay... They're all.... They're all gone..."

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader