View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 06:22 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

When Weaselshade waltzed through the nursery, passing the creamy feline up; it seemed like time had stopped. She didn’t see him go abruptly pass her. She seen him in slow motion. Her expression had contorted into one of disbelief. The fact that those scars on his face was visible enough. It meant that he had got hurt. First, she couldn’t move because she was simply watching him. She observed how he picked up Raccoonkit, and the kit was displeased at having his fun ruined. His little claws had slipped out, and he tried to paw at his father with desperate slashes as if to say; Put me down! But Weaselshade had laughed, he was unfazed by Raccoonkit’s rebellion. The fact that Weaselshade had laughed. Like it was a funny situation. Thea had prayed to a bunch of dead cats she didn’t believe in. She made an empty promise to herself about Weaselshade. Sometimes promises are meant to be broken. Since that tom didn’t die in battle, the stars know I will kill him myself! Thea blinked her eyes, and she slowly turned around to pad behind Weaselshade. Once he set their son down, Raccoonkit let out a hiss, which mainly came out as a squeal. Thea quietly purred at her son, and bent down to lick his ears. Raccoonkit has pulled away from the oncoming grooming session, so Thea used a paw to direct her son to rough house with his sisters. Raccoonkit was a bit...devilish on his sister’s. More than once she had to reprimand him to play safely with them.
Finally. Thea turned to the tom, her gaze questioning and her expression unreadable. Her ears had perked. She was waiting for Weaselshade to give her a good explanation, but he wanted to dodge around the bush it seem. How are you? Thea’s nose scrunched up. Okay, two can play that game. “Oh, I’m doing fine. Just the usual. Taking care of the kits. Your daughters are no problem at all, but that son of yours know how to get on someone’s nerves!” She gave a light hearted giggle. Thea had took a few steps closer to Weaselshade, her gaze flicking to his scars, but then she sidestepped, looking away from him as she dragged the tip of her tail to touch the fur on his chest. She turned her head to look down at an empty spot of the nursery. “I remembered that it was a battle today. I remember that I told you to stay. You would be safe here. At least protecting the camp, but someone didn’t listen to me,” her eyes narrowed. “But, you went to fight because you never listen to me. And, now...” Her blue eyes finally turned to look up at the tom. A hidden fire clouded by a soft expression. She drew her tail under his chin. “...look at you.” She pulled away. Thea shook her head, closing her eyes for a moment to recollect calmness. When she opened her orbs once more, she glared at her companion.How are you? How are you!? You come in here like everything is okay! I can see it, Weaselshade. I can smell it. I told you stay, did I not? You’re lucky you didn’t end up dead.” That faint smell of iron, that crimson color was no doubt blood. She couldn’t really see the blood, as he must had groomed himself but she could faintly smell it. She wanted to usher him away from the kits so they didn’t see or smell him like this. In the end, she was lucky that he didn’t end up dead.

Weaselshade smiled looking at the tom compared to his two tussling sisters. What Thea said was true, he was the little devil in the litter. While his sisters acted like regular kits, besides Silhouettekit's roughness everynow and then, but Raccoonkit was anything but normal. He was crazy, but adorable nonetheless. He opened his mouth about to say something back to her, but when he did he heard her begin to speak again. He stepped back a little bit, shocked at her sudden change in mood. She had assumed she would be upset, but not screaming in his face like he was a kit who had ran away. Weaselshade stepped back. He placed the tip of his tail on her shoulders trying to calm her, even though he knew his action was probably in vain. "Thea, I know what you told me to do, and I'm sorry." He said, surprising himself with his one words. He knew that he cared for Thea, and he knew he was capable of saying nice things to her, but never had he imagined he would ever apologize to her. It just sort of happened. Continuing on Weaselshade avoided her gaze, afraid of how she might act. "I was out there fighting for you and the kits, I knew you would be safe because of the other cats guarding the camp." Tears sparkled in the tom's eyes, fighting violently to free them selves, he had to close his eyes to hold them back. Taking a deep breath he smiled sheepishly. "Guess I didn't think that I was going to run into the ThunderClan deputy." Weaselshade knew he had fled the battle, but he still felt good about the wound he had inflicted on Passionblaze's leg. He may have not won, but to him it was good enough. He opened his eyes again, and looked her straight in the eye. "I'm sorry." He said again, and then looked away. He didn't know how he had managed to stay so calm throughout all of that, he never expected he could have done it without yelling. But he had, and he was glad. He looked at his own kits, and at the other kits playing in the nursery. He smiled, glad to be back in such a familiar place.