View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Eveningpaw sighed,” I don’t know. I’ve dreamed of being a warrior for my entire life, since I was a little kit, but now that I’m almost a warrior, I don’t know...it’s like I’m suddenly hesitant about becoming a warrior...maybe it’s about pledging to defend Riverclan with my life...I guess...I don’t know if I really am willing too, I’ve never gone to battle. I don’t know if I’d be willing to actually sacrifice my life for Riverclan, if I saw a Shadowclanner attacking a kit, I’m not sure if I’d be willing to die for the kit, I’d be willing to fight off the warrior, but I’m concerned if they are about to use the death blow on me, if I’d take the blow or avoid it letting the kit die.” she sighed. She knew that was a morbid take, but she really was concerned about if she was willing to do that for Riverclan, she’d do it for Skyclan without a moments thought, but for these fish-eaters? She wasn’t sure.
Ivyshine listened to the apprentice without her facial features changing. On the inside though, the dappled warrior wasn't sure to be respectful of her decision or appalled. Surely if some kit's life was at stake the apprentice would defend it?! Ivyshine shrugged and drew her paw along the ground as she thought for a moment. "Yeah. But RiverClan is our home now. Where else would you go? We stick to the warrior code for a reason." Though I'm not sure Grousestar did when he merged our clan. She thought with an annoyed flick of her tail. "It's our job to defend it now whether we want to pledge our loyalty or not." She sighed, dappled tail flicking back and forth behind her. Truthfully, I'm glad I didn't have to pledge loyalty to RiverClan... The warrior still felt the need to get used to Riverclan before she settled in, but having an apprentice was helping with that.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky