View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post

Stagflight studied the other tom carefully for a second, taking note of the way he acted. It was certainly not a way that Stag had seen very many other cats behave, and so it intrigued him, just a little bit. He was enjoying this though, but of course he was. He needed socialization, as he was naturally a very social cat. “Yeah, I did. It was nice, other than gettin' wet,” he chortled slightly as he finished speaking, wrinkling his nose as well, just to emphasize his words. He flattened one ear slightly, green gaze flicking towards a cat who'd moved rather suddenly, then he looked back at Nighthawk. “I 'aven't been on a night patrol in awhile, but yeah. The noises are very relaxing, except the owls though,” he replied, then paused, tail twitching slightly.

“But I think dusk- in that moment between day and night- is the best time for being out in the territory,” he meowed, his voice dropping to a low whisper, though he didn't really realize that he'd whispered. He'd gone on many walks alone at dusk, just enjoying the time away from camp. Because as social as he was, he still needed those moments to himself. Really, he couldn't think of a single cat who'd never wanted to be alone. And although Stagflight usually preferred company, he was happy to be by himself as well. Not for long periods of time though, just a little bit ever now and then.
Night watched the other tom speak, recognizing the misty look in his eyes being reflective of his own feelings. He didn't think many other cats really yearned to be alone, at least, he didn't know any. Nighthawk found himself smiling, however smally, at Stagflight. A smile was a rare thing from the stoic cat--not that his clanmate knew it. He began to gather his thoughts again, shifting slightly and curling his long tail around his paws neatly.

"Dusk does have a certain...magic...doesn't it?" He replied quietly. Not that Nighthawk really believed in magic--he hadn't since he was a kit. But there was something about the way the sun melted into the horizon, the way that it's dying light sifted through the trees that was perfectly captivating. It's colors, too, a little different with each sunset. Not like I could say any of that out loud. He mused. The other tom would think his head was full of flowers. But, Night was getting ahead of himself. Before he could gather himself to speak again, words came tumbling from his mouth. "If you ever want to go for a walk at dusk, I'd be happy to accompany you." What am I saying?! Nighthawk thought frantically, his eyes widening with surprise at himself. His bright blue eyes focused hard on his paws, feeling his pelt prickle and burn with embarrassment.

"...s-sorry...forget I said anything.." Why would any cat want to go for a walk with him? Let alone one who he'd just met?

(I'm sorry for vanishing! I took an overnight trip w/o my laptop)

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; January 12th, 2018 at 08:22 AM.