View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2018, 12:50 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: In the Aftermath of Turmoil [private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Despite the words being muttered and his brain being slightly muddled by the previous events, Grousestar had caught the words that came out of Rabbitfluff's mouth. The tip of his tail wriggled in quiet frustration again, but he bit his tongue. He would have to give it more thought when he wasn't in a state like this, when he wasn't frustrated, angry, and worried about Starclan. He needed to have a clear mind so that he wouldn't handle this situation in the wrong way. "A stretch, but one I hope other's haven't reached yet. I dislike choosing sides, though.." A gust of breath escaped him as he shook his head, admitting to what he didn't wish to admit. "Skyclan will eventually choose a side." As for his friends last words, he could only nod. The leader completely agreed. He just couldn't understand or even fathom why they were like this. Was there just some deep seeded belief that their must always be war? That peace must be a fleeting thing and not everlasting? The only group that had made his view on peace falter was the Dusk Syndicate, and now, they were gone, dismantled. There was no good reason to fight, and it seemed the only reason the other clans were doing so was because of alliances.

The question caused the Skyclan leader to pause, his paws stopping in the mud and his gaze fully turning to the warrior. His jaw tightened slightly and for a long moment there was nothing but the sound of rain and distant rumble of thunder. "I don't.. I don't think I can answer that question right now." He eventually mewed, slowly his paws beginning to carry him forward again.

And the leader fell quiet again, letting Rabbitfluff talk to fill the gap but not offering much of his own input. Right now, he felt as if he had one hundred moons resting on his shoulders and wished for nothing more than a warm den and rest, Rabbitfluff's company as well, but he was sure the warrior would want to rest.

Grousestar offered a small smile, his emerald gaze focusing on the smaller tom for a moment before mewing, "Thank you Rabbitfluff. I appreciate it."
"I'm aware," Rabbitfluff meowed, a touch flippantly but wasn't dismissive of what Grousestar was saying. It was more resigned, as if they both knew it would eventual boil over and SkyClan would be forced to determine which road they were going to take, which Clan was the one less wrong in a pool of immoral, opportunistic leadership. "If tensions ease, you won't have to." But that seemed silly, they never truly went away or faded. Grudges were held forever here, brought up at any chance to get the other Clan to bend-- he suppressed another sigh, once again reminded of how barbaric the rest of the Clans behaved.

He wanted to suggest that Grousestar attempt to wager peace between them since nobody needed wars and more blooodshed, but he figured it would fall on deaf ears or result in temporary peace. Everyone had the innate notion that war was the standard and peace was the abnormality, that wasn't something they could talk out of them. And when Grousestar murmured that he couldn't answer, Rabbitfluff nodded numbly and offered a simple, "Of course." Emotions were high right now, he understood.

"I hope you.. acknowledge that I would be willing to listen in the future, if--perhaps--you'd like someone to speak with, or run ideas by." Although he believed Grousestar already knew, he didn't want his best friend to be trapped in his own mind, thinking there was nobody to turn to. "I've appreciated this chat as well. You're," a pause, "delightful to converse with."

everything about us is going to be wonderful