View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2017, 05:50 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
She doesn't... she doesn't have one? Smokepaw's expression changed instantly to one of worry and sympathy. Though he tried to wipe the sympathetic expression off quickly, not everyone wanted to get sympathy. He knew he just wanted acceptance. Leopardpaw? He didn't know about her. "Oh, uh..." This is awkward. But he didn't say that out loud. He didn't want to hurt her feelings. Some cats (like himself) couldn't help it. And besides, he had started the whole exchange. Why, oh why had he chosen her of all cats? Because she was alone. Because you had to play the nice guy. Because you were bored. Because-- Smokepaw quickly shut off his thoughts. So maybe he did know why. But then he had gone ahead and actually carried it out... why?

Just why.

That was all he wanted to know, was why he had listened to his thoughts telling him that she was lonely. "I'm, I'm... I'm... sorry about that, you, uh... you need to have a mentor, uh... to train... w-would you want me to, um, help? Just while, you... while you... you know, until you get a, uh... another one." So awkward. He seemed to be good at that, though. Perhaps that was why he did it so often, because it was one of the things he was good at. Why hadn't he been like this with Crimsonpaw? Maybe then things would have been different. Maybe then he would be different now. But no, confidence had been his downfall. So confident in his younger moons. And with Leopardpaw so young, it made him worried that she was so nervous all the time. Was she going to be okay?

Or was there something actually wrong?

Smokepaw knew he was made fun of. Why, he still hadn't figured out. It stopped bothering him after a while but he remembered always thinking there was something wrong with him. Inside him. No one wanted to be friends because he was selfish, or dorky, or awkward, or weird. No one wanted to be friends with him because he was himself. No one wanted to be friends with him because no one wanted a cat like him for their friend. And yet he had friends now. So he must have been wrong. Smokepaw wished and wished that he could travel back in time and change the things that couldn't be changed now. Undo the things that had made him who he was now, because to be honest... sometimes Smokepaw wasn't so sure that who he was was a good thing. After all, he was way too awkward.

And he didn't make the best friend.
And there it was. Leopardpaw was sure she'd already chased him off. Sighing, Leopardpaw looked down, waiting for the teasing, the taunting, the verbal abuse that was sure to come. She just had that effect. She had to learn to stand up to the bullies though. Or maybe she should leave ShadowClan. Become a kittypet. Live the easy life.

Live the easy life.

So tempting. Leopardpaw's ears twitched and she looked up, surprise flickering in her pale blue hues as she gave Smokepaw a completely bewildered look. She still couldnt understand why he wasnt taunting her yet. But maybe he wouldnt taunt her. Maybe he would be nice. He was so far. Was he okay? Could Leopardpaw let her guard down for him? Hesitating, Leopardpaw paused before allowing her lips to slowly curve upwards into a shy but grateful smile. "I..Uh, s-sure...That..That would b-be really ni-nice.." The caracal apprentice twitched her ears faintly, allowing them to slowly pick back up as she gazed at Smokepaw. She didnt know why but as soon as she actually looked him in the eyes...She felt safe. Like she could trust him. Like he wasnt like any of the others. Like...Maybe....

Maybe he could help her.

Leopardpaw was bullied because of her size. Because of how fragile she seemed. Smokepaw didnt seem interested in bullying her, though. In fact, he seemed like he wanted to help her, to break past her shell. Maybe she would with him around. Maybe she'd finally get to see what real friendship was like. Leopardpaw knew they'd just met, but it seemed like they knew eachother since kithood. And she liked him.

She really, really liked him.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by BEAR.; May 12th, 2017 at 11:40 AM.