View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 03:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The apprentice felt exhausted from arguing with Foxpaw. It felt hopeless. Anytime she felt like she was winning, Foxpaw bounced right back, ready for more. If Cherrypaw wasn't so frustrated, she'd be impressed with Foxpaw's insistence. "Things aren't always so black and white. Perhaps I wouldn't have said yes or no. Maybe I would have chosen to get to know you better, but not like how you're thinking." Feeling rather daring, Cherrypaw flicked her tail tip across the tom's nose. As frustrated as she was getting with Foxpaw, she did want to talk to the ginger tom more. His first impression was quite unforgettable. "Second," she mewed, trying her best to mimic Foxpaw's voice when he'd said the word. "You don't need to do anything for me." Sass drove her voice. "I'm very capable of doing things for myself, changing the topic of conversation included." She'd almost ended with thank you very much, but that's exactly what the ginger tom had asked for. The older apprentice would have to try a little harder than that to get her to give in even just the smallest bit. And on that note. . . "I don't owe you any words." Cherrypaw declared. She perked up, trying so hard to make herself seem as big as the other apprentice. She tried to match his size by fluffing out her fur, but it still didn't make too much of a difference despite her effort. Maybe Foxpaw wouldn't treat her like she couldn't do anything if she wasn't so small. Small, small, small. That's all Cherrypaw was. Sure, it had its advantages, but no cat talked about its disadvantages too.

"Oh, sure." Cherrypaw rolled her blue eyes. "I don't see myself ever mooning over a cat like that. I have more class than other she-cats, if you haven't noticed." Her ego was growing by the heartbeat. But Foxpaw had stumped her for a moment. He wanted her to like her without him having to charm her. The younger apprentice pondered this. Those words would have been sweet coming from the mouth of any other tom. But this was Foxpaw. Sweet meant something else when talking about the ginger apprentice. Cherrypaw supposed that it was still sweet, just in a Foxpaw kind of way. "Well then?" She started. "If you want me to like you for you, then you better do some more talking. I hardly know anything about you."
The ginger tom blinked, taken aback by Cherrypaw suddenly being so pushy. It wasn't something he had thought of her doing. When she had stopped talking to him so sassily in the very beginning, he'd thought that she might actually be a sweetheart. He had thought she was this sweet little she cat... someone that he could enjoy the company of, but who would ultimately be absolutely obsessed with him and he would have to figure out some scheme to get her together with another tom. It was a scenario that he had had completely mapped out in his mind. Then again, he should have known as soon as she started questioning him again that it wasn't going to go how he had mapped it out. Not that it really mattered... right? It didn't have to matter, he could easily adjust to this. That was, until Cherrypaw spoke again.

"You want to know more about me?" He repeated, for a moment taken aback by the request. Or command, it was hard to tell with the white she cat... did she really want to know, or was she just bossing him around because she wanted someone to boss around? Foxpaw's mouth opened and closed for a few minutes, unable to fish for a decent excuse, unable to think of something that was just perfect to say in this moment. If only he could think of something that was perfect to say, he would be a lot happier.

As it was, he remained silent, unhappy for the moment being until he came up with a few things. Maybe it wasn't exactly what she wanted to know, but he couldn't see a clear way out of this. He would just avoid the really personal talk and he would avoid anything that would make him look like too much of a dork. "Uh, alright. Well... I have a brother, and... I have, um, some really great friends... and I like battle training more then hunting, and I'll be a warrior soon..." His voice trailed off, unsure of what else to say about himself. "Enough about me. What about you?" The tom asked, deciding that was the best way to end his very short talk about himself.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.