View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 04:57 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw didn't try to hide her smile or her giggle. She didn't understand why the older tom was so surprised that she'd asked him to talk more about himself. The she-cat loved to talk and she liked to talk about herself a fair amount. She thought she was a rather interesting cat. Even if that was false, she had a lot on her mind that she wanted to talk about anyways. Why have a voice if it weren't meant to be used? Cherrypaw figured that Foxpaw liked to talk too. He seemed well-known and as flirty as he was, she'd be surprised if he wasn't one of the most talkative cats in the Clan. The white she-cat did know that Foxpaw for sure thought a lot of himself. He was confident and that confidence radiated from his ginger pelt.

Genuinely interested in what he'd say, the younger apprentice waited patiently for Foxpaw to provide her with some facts about himself. She leaned forward a little when he began to speak, angling her snow white ears towards the tom. "That's all nice to know." She smiled warmly at the ginger tom. "Perhaps I'll get to meet your brother and some of your friends sometime." She ended with more of a question, wondering if Foxpaw would say yes. Cherrypaw now knew how the tom acted around her and she wanted to see if he was different around other cats. She let out a gigantic sigh when he mentioned his apprenticeship ending soon. "I'm so jealous. I'd kill to be as close to my warrior ceremony as you are, Foxpaw. What are you hoping your warrior name will be? Perhaps Foxclaw or Foxwhisker."

"Me?" The she-cat tried to act as surprised as Foxpaw, but failing obviously. "I've got some friends, but they're not very close to me. Sometimes I like to talk to the elders more than I like to talk to the other apprentices. A lot of the other apprentices are mouse-brained." She parted her jaws to say more, but then realized what she had said. Her blue eyes widened. "Obviously not you, Foxpaw. I think you've got a little more sense than a badger in a fit, unlike some of the cats around here." Cherrypaw leaned forward and whispered the last part. "I've got to disagree with you about battle training, though. There's nothing better than a good hunt. Especially when you're in the trees trying to find a plump bird." She sighed, wishing she could feel the wind on her fur now like she could when she was crouched on top of a tree branch.
"Ah, my friends are pretty nice. I don't think you'd like my brother, though... he doesn't have the same amount of charm as I do." The ginger feline purred, partly bragging and partly being honest. He knew that most of his friends would get along with Cherrypaw... they were pretty nice cats, and if they got along with him, they were bound to get along with any cat who could be classified as annoying. Not that the fluffy white beauty could be classified under that particular adjective, but Foxpaw was pretty sure not every cat had a little quirk for the she cats who were pretty, sassy, and a little bit "rude." Cherrypaw seemed a little rude, at least she had in the beginnning, and she was definitely sassy. Pretty? There had never been a doubt that she was a pretty she cat, just looking at her that much was obvious. Anyone would find the white feline attractive, even if her personality was too much for them. And wasn't that nice?

"My warrior name? Something cool, probably. Liiike... Foxhunter! Ooh, that would be cool. Or Foxbite, that's pretty awesome, don't you think?" The tom asked, his tail twitching back and forth as he glanced over at Cherrypaw. What was her opinion on a coolname? Chances were, he would end up with a name like 'Foxpelt' or 'Foxtail' or something else that was lame like that. Foxpaw didn't know exactly what his name would be, but he was definitely excited to find out. His warrior ceremony was probably in another moon, maybe two, and at that point? There would be no going back. He would be a full warrior of SkyClan! The tom's tail twitched back and forth, his green eyes twinkling with mischief and excitement as he listened to Cherrypaw's words. She was pretty much the opposite of him... she didn't have many friends, she liked hunting more, she thought a lot of the other apprentices were mouse-brained... but to him, that made her all the more desirable.

A she cat who was pretty much the opposite as him was a she cat who was pretty cool. Foxpaw wasn't necessarily "cool" within his group of friends. He was the jokester, the crazy one, the one who was flirty and not to be taken seriously often. He had different groups of friends... sometimes he would hang out with individuals, sometimes one or two, and sometimes more then that. But they all stayed seperate, and he was always the joking, funny, flirty tom in them. Not a lot of his friends really knew each other, and Foxpaw liked it that way. He liked being the only one in all the different groups, hanging out with them individually and stuff. It was really nice to feel like he was... special. There were funny friends in different groups, and one of them was bound to take over his special spot as the number one jokester. At least this way, he felt like he was something when he was around other cats.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.