View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 06:10 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummyluc View Post
beetleskip had to agree with him on that. there was no reason to dwell on the past if it did not help you. he understood that once he had gotten over his mother's abandonment and his father's disappearance. he had gotten over his sibling's abandonment, and life went on. he had no close friends, and he avoided others on a daily basis. he wasn't damaged, he wasn't depressed. he was lonely, but other than that, he was fine. he was fine with being lonely. yes, he missed his siblings' warmth next to him, and his father's reassurance, but that was normal. he never dwelled on it. he lived life and life went on. that's how it worked. he couldn't lie that it felt nice, talking to risingcreek he meant. the loneliness ebbed away and his conversational, kind personality was something beetleskip was grateful for. risingcreek could carry on the conversation, even if beetleskip said nothing more than a few words. he wasn't being forced to speak, and he was honest when he wanted others to leave. he didn't want risingcreek to leave. which was, again, different and quite uncharacteristic. it made him chuckle to himself, a small smile upturning the corners of his mouth.

" i... like the way you think, " he murmured absentmindedly, the words just slipping out as he thought them. realising what he said, he clamped his mouth shut and looked away so that risingcreek was no longer in the corner of his vision.
he smiled.
damn.
risingcreek didnt think hed like the way his smile fit on the tom so much. beetleskip wasnt emotionless, persay, just reserve and shy, on the quieter side of things. so to hear him talking, to hear how he thought, to see him put words together and smile? risingcreek didnt know why he found himself loudly sighing of pure contentment, and some how feeling that his rosy mauve pelt represented how he felt physically perfectly. "I like the way you think, too." i just like you in general. it was little things that made risingcreek happy, that made it seem like life was worth living even if he didnt have a lot to personally live for. it was hunting for the clan and seeing a kit get excited to eat its first physical meal. its training an apprentice and seeing yourself in them when you were young. its making someone, someone like beetleskip, smile, and get so flustered that he couldnt even make eye contact. it was moments like that that made life worth a little bit more.