View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
i believe this is where we ended off ;P

The she-cat reluctantly limped forwards so that the SkyClan medicine cat could see the thorn sticking out of her left forepaw, ears erect. Taking a deep breath, she began to explain the situation. "I was out battle training when I tripped and fell into a thick bramble bush. I got most of the thorns out but this one I just can't seem to snag this one." The thistle smelled a little bit sour and seemed to throb beneath her skin. She didn't want to tell Shinefang that she had waited a few days before she came to see him, afraid of another remark on the stupidity of apprentices.
Shinefang took the paw and sniffed deeply, wrinkling his nose against the sharp tang of infection. "When was your battle training? Last moon? Your pad is infected." It was just the early stage. Easily treated. "If you'd come in when it first happened, I could have napped the day away. But here we are," the old tom grumbled. He heaved a melodramatic sigh and added, "I guess I'll save your paw today kit. I'll get it out and then get some herbs on it. You're lucky I'm such a softy." Without more warning than that, Shinefang began to lick away at the apprentice's pad, working on bringing out the torn. Then, once he had the slightest hold, he clamped down with his teeth and yanked it loose without warning.