View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2023, 01:51 PM
steal my heart, its yours

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Coming Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookysock View Post
Caroline didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be anywhere near here. She wanted to be home. And as far as she knew, she would soon be going home. Back to her dad, back to her mum - but right now she was waiting for her brother. Her brother was the reason she was here, and furthermore, was the bane of her existence.

Already in a bad mood, it didn't help when some bloke nearly knocked her off her feet. "Oi!" she yelped as she regained her balance, glaring through square-ish glasses at the young man who'd shoved her. Her bright blue eyes softened, though, at the sight of him digging hurriedly through the ruins of a house. She guessed it must of been his.
He hurriedly starts curing in his native language, praying and hoping that his mother and father are not under all of this rubble. He doesn't apologize to the lady he almost knocked down - he's not sorry, she's intruding on his home. After a moment he stops, and examines the rubble. He is about ready to jump in and start searching before some American grabs his arms and tugs him away.

He yells in heavily-accented English. "Nein! Let me go - my mother is in there!!" Wilhelm struggles as he continues to curse and yell until the American drops him to the ground, a look of disgust on his face.

"No one is in there, young man. There were two corpses, though. They're at the morgue." The American says in English, his voice cold and callous a she looks at the soldier who lays sprawled on the ground.

The desperation in his icy blue eye melts away to cold fury and pain. The German's shoulders start to heave as he pushes himself up to his knees where he then starts to cry. His one good eye is squeezed shut, and his missing eye is patched over with a white - well, now more of a grey - bandage. He needs a medic - but he doubts any Allied medics will help him.

A tear leaves a single clean streak on his left cheek.

Story Writing(tips and others) |

Lynxfang - Beefed Up Tier One
Shatterpaw - Skip The Steps
Burnetkit - Silver Tongue and Mind Reader