View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

{4 I believe}

Speckledspring turned her head in the direction of the voice that had called her name. Upon spotting the medicine cat, she let out a small purr. "Shinefang.
Nice to see you. Are you making your rounds?"
She had seen the older tom in here a few times before during her pregnancy, and had realized that he made rounds in the nursery, checking on every cat. She thought that was a very smart idea, as a lot of kits could get sick randomly, especially in Leaf-Bare. And Speckledspring knew that season was coming up soon. She was scared at the thought that her kits would be born at such a dreary, cold time, as both of her previous litters had been born in early green-leaf and mid new-leaf. But she knew that she would be able to handle it, plus, she had plenty of helpers. She knew her son Flickerpaw was ready to help whenever, and she hoped that her daughter, Silverpaw, would be the same. But she knew Silverpaw loved kits, so that wouldn't be a problem.
(I knew Specklespring sounded familiar! She was Shine's second to last apprentice).

"You bet your tail, Specks," The old tom said with a friendly purr. Specklespring had been Shinefang's third apprentice during his long career as a warrior. The old fleabag had a special place in his heart for all of the cats he'd gotten to help grow into warriors, but what he had liked the most about the spotted she-cat was the way she'd been able to work hard fort her clan and rarely complain. He appreciated that in any cat, especially a young cat. She'd been smart too. Very meticulous when it came to her hunting and battle techniques. It made her a quick study, which the tom had also liked. He couldn't suffer fools. "You look like your just about ready to pop. Mind if i check on how those bugs in your belly are doing?" he asked, lifting a paw to place on her belly as soon as she gave him to ok. Though he carried on in a pleasant manner, Shinefang was actually quite nervous about this part of his new job. The reasons were obvious enough to him. Kitting is how he'd lost his mate and their three kits all in one terrible day. As much as he tried be positive about this kitting and all the factors in Specklespring's favor: like all the help she'd be expecting from her older kits and the fact that she'd given birth before, the truth that leafbare was coming, problems could happen in any birth, and Shinefang himself had never delivered kits overshadowed that cozy optimism.