View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw smiled up at Shinefang, though it was quite a halfhearted curl of her lips. She was still grieving the loss of the innocent patients, and the disappearances of her mentor and mother. The worst part of them disappearing was that she didn't know if they were alive or dead. Were they alive but suffering? Were they dead and at peace? Or were they alive and happy? There were so many possibilities, but Juniperpaw didn't know which one was true. And she didn't know why either. Why did they disappear? Did they leave willingly? Were they forced? Did Juniperpaw do something to chase them away? She remembered being on negative terms with Geckoleaf, and she also remembered how strained her relationship with her mother became once she earned her apprentice name.

``Okay, Shinefang, I'll keep my chin up. I like to think I'm already pretty good at that,`` Juniperpaw noted, purring softly in response to her self-compliment. Even though the elderly tomcat's words were very much appreciated Juniperpaw didn't find they eased her guilt and sadness by too much. However, it wouldn't stop her from trying to convince Shinefang he'd done well. ``Thank you, really.`` She rose to her paws and slid in front of the yellow tom. Juniperpaw looked up at him shyly, her paws shuffling nervously on the ground. ``I admire you very much, Shinefang; you're my role model and so much more. I don't know what I'd do without you.``
"What's not to admire?" the old tom asked with an amused grin at himself. Then, stretching his jaws in a wide yawn, Shinefang flexed his back and claws, moving slower than a younger cat, and grunting a little with the effort. "Enough serious talk for one day, I think. Did Geckoleaf ever show you how to find burdock root? Ebonyfrost left the roots, but no leaves to tell me what to look for," he explained. "Maybe if you have time, we can do a little gathering," he suggested.