View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:12 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw nodded her white head as her mentor spoke. She tried to listen carefully and fully consider his answer. The apprentice's head tilted to the side slightly. She squinted her clear blue eyes at first, not fully understanding. She replayed the ginger tom's words in her head, trying to figure out what he was really trying to say. Her head started to hurt after a few heartbeats. Untangling Blazingcomet's words was like untangling a sloppily made moss ball. "So you're saying there's a difference between aiming for an injured side and an injured leg?" Cherrypaw mewed, not entirely sure that she understood what her mentor was trying to say. "If I aim for a good leg when the other one is injured, my enemy won't be able to support themselves with an injured leg." The she-cat began, speaking more to herself than anything else. "If my enemy has an injured side, I might as well aim for that side because aiming for the good side won't make much of a difference. I might as well damage the injured side further." The blue-eyed cat waited a moment and thought over her words. "Wow, that's kind of confusing." She laughed. "I think it makes sense though. Aim for the good leg and the bad side."

[ I've been sick for the last two weeks. So so sorry for the super late reply! ]
Cherrypaw was Blazingcomet’s first apprentice. He had never gone through anything like this before, so it was always confusing trying to sort out what exactly to say to make them understand. Still, at least she seemed to be getting the hang of it… as well as she could. Breathing a sigh of relief when she remarked that she “thought it made sense,” the orange tom nodded shortly afterwards. ”That’s right! You’re catching on pretty quickly, you’ll be a pro in no time,” He mewed with a happy smile. Blazingcomet was truly happy that this was working out - he really had needed this to work. Grousestar would be pleased his apprentice was doing so well… and who knew? Cherrypaw could very well be a great warrior someday, just as long as she remembered to put a little effort in her duties as well as her drama. Blazingcomet found the younger cat amusing, but sometimes, she was just too much for him. Especially when it got harder to train because of her antics. Still, Blazingcomet was glad that he had an apprentice at all - he supposed he should have thanked Grousestar a little more excitedly when she had been appointed his apprentice. It was funny - Cherrypaw had definitely grown on Blazingcomet, and yet, at the same time, he was almost eager for her training to be over. Maybe it was because he would get to see her thrive. Or maybe, he was excited to see what the next thing life would bring him. Or maybe… it was because he wanted to be more wrapped up in the flirty game that had landed him into a mess before.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.