Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2024, 10:13 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

"You might have your own little bird, but you'll always be one to me." Wolverine was watching his granddaughter carefully - observing the distant look she had in her eye as she swallowed his former words with grace. This was far from the pathetic little worm that had crept into his nest, seeking salvation while drowning in a pool of despair. No, the last few moons, being challenged to be better, seemed to have brought out the cat that inhabited her before she became a shell of her former self.

He liked it. She was displaying behaviors a true ShadowClan cat should have: pride and confidence. A willingness to take a challenge on without being held back by the fear of failure. "So we will." Failure or not, Wolverine wanted her to have a backbone. Even after he tore her down, she remained upright - her gaze sharp and meaningful. "Maintain your posture, kitten. Keep your head up against the upcoming storms and you will prevail. Your wings may bend and break beneath the wind, but as long as you allow your flame to burn within you will not truly falter."

A step forward, the rat skull released to disappear behind his daunting form. "Oh, the swamp's always open to you if you decide to come by again. I never turn my family away." Besides, despite everything he liked her company - if she were any feistier, she might remind him of his daughter. "A parting gift, for now. I am not blind, little lark - I know progress when I see it, and effort is to be rewarded.

"Consider the name Lostspark no more, for the cat who earned that name is dead. Go forth as Larkrise: your growing passion is the start of a new era and will serve as a catalyst to spurring ShadowClan to success. Help Dawnstar get a grip on those tadpoles."
A light bop against her forehead, and then he withdrew. "Don't be a stranger, now. Maybe bring dear Dawnstar along with you next time, it's been a while since I've seen her."

[ @Rose ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules