Thread: Moonlit Grove
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2020, 06:52 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

// @Lynxpaw

Those were all valid points. The frosty warrior understood about trust. Despite having been born and raised a clan cat, he did not put his trust into anyone easily. In fact, there was not a single cat alive that he trusted fully and unadulteratedly. Sure, he trusted cats with his life, trusted that they could help and defend him, but that was not complete trust. One could trust an enemy to not murder them in cold blood, but that did not mean that they trusted said enemy with secrets. Talonstone had many secrets. Enough that even he buried them at times.

Unlike Russetpaw, the warrior did not fear. He could feel wary or concerned, but not fear. He had not feared anything since his first day as an apprentice because if he had managed to survive that, then the rest of his life was a nothing but a joke. The mask, though, that still stayed. Away with fear, away with emotion unless used to gain leverage over another. It hadn't been intentional, to loose expression, but it worked out just as well in the long run.

"The clan is not invincible," Talonstone shared. "However, you need not worry about rogues, shelter, or food. Those are provided, as is healing and medical attention should you need it. Training; there are cats who enjoy teaching and would be more than willing to help you learn. Stability; clans rarely switch camps. Once they are settled, it is their home."

Safety was a strange thing. Even then, cats would get hurt. Quite often, actually. Sickness spread with less resistance in populated clans, although having cats to fight alongside one, and the ability to make friends easily was a bonus. Sickness was rare, anyway, even during leafbare.

"There will be cats who are rude and uncaring; those who will take lives for granted and strive to harm others. Speak, and they will be exiled." Although, perhaps not with Dawnstripe around. Survival of the fittest was the aura that the pending leader radiated. Talonstone wasn't saying that such a view was bad - it was simply a bit different. But different could be a good thing, at times.

"The perks of being in a clan rise above if you value safety, stability, education, and companionship. If you value freedom and originality to the point that you will freak if unable to run every day, then perhaps being rooted to a clan is not for you." Talonstone knew very few cats who were like that, however. It wasn't something common at all. "Associate yourself with honorable warriors, and the benefits with greatly outnumbered any negatives that might come with being in a clan."
Have a wonderful day!