View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2016, 05:21 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post
Timekit glanced at Silverkit, catching her amused expression as she watched him. He was a bit confused by it, but took it as a good sign, assuming that she was having fun hanging out with him. Besides, Houndkit laughs at me too. I must just be funny without knowing it or something. He soon returned his gaze to the spot he was eyeing, but turned back when she agreed with both of his selections. If he could talk correctly, he would have, but he decided not to embarrass himself anymore. When she took the lead, he quickly shot to his paws and followed, speeding up to walk beside her again. The tom watched her from the corner of his eyes as he wobbled toward the sunny patch, having to walk weirdly to keep the lizard from getting dirty. He was glad to see that the she-kit was smiling, that she seemed to be enjoying his company. And I'm enjoying hers! He was doing a good job at making a new friend of this cat, he realized. They arrived to the sunny patch after a few moments, and he set the prey down hurriedly. "Heavy little thing," He meowed absentmindedly, grinning at Silverkit. It was clear that her amusement had not hurt his feelings at all. In fact, he had completely forgotten it even though it had happened only mintues ago. He settled down in half of the ray of light, noting that he had made a good choice. It was perfect, big enough that they could still have their own bit of space and still have the warm sun on their backs. As if reminding him, his stomach erupted into an angry growl, startling him slightly. "Hehe, guess I was hungrier than I thought."
Silverkit stayed close to Timekit's side, her mind too busy focusing on the crowded clearing and trying to avoid other cats and trying to avoid thinking about how nervous she was to notice his gait. It was a good thing, she probably would have ended up laughing a lot louder than she meant to and causing herself no end of embarrassment. "Really?" She asked, her ears flicking backwards in disbelief. She hadn't expected a lizard to be that heavy, and she wondered if he was joking or not. Not thinking, she picked the lizard up and almost instantly set it back down. Silverkit wasn't exactly a strong cat...in fact, she was probably one of the weakest kits in the nursery. Being small as well, the lizard wasn't exactly a speck compared to her, and she was stunned to find that it was indeed heavy. "Oh my apologies, you were absolutely right, that is really heavy," She mewed instantly, feeling bad that she had doubted him in the first place. If I want to be friends with him, I really, really need to think before I say something like that, I could end up being mean to him without realizing it, Silverkit thought to herself, her expression fading to an embarrassed/worried one. "Oh, well, you can have the first bite if you want," She mewed, hoping to make up for her absentminded remark from earlier. She really hadn't meant to sound so rude when she had said it, and she certainly hadn't meant to sound doubtful at all, like she thought he was lying...the more she thought about it, the worse she felt. It only took a small thing to make Silverkit feel bad, and that had been it. She wondered if her apology had been good enough, and hoped she hadn't hurt his feelings too much or even better, that she hadn't hurt them at all and he would understand that she hadn't meant for herself to sound so condescending as well.