View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2017, 06:26 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidian finished the small rodents with a satisfied expression and curled his tail around himself as though it would serve as a barrier between him and the she cat. At times he could act like a grumpy older cat...though he was far from old. In fact, Obsidian was quite a young cat, though he tried to make himself look older sometimes in order to avoid conversation such as the one that was going on now. He watched the she cat, his hues always studying her, head cocked slightly to the side as he did so as though he were trying to figure her out. He wasn't quite sure what to think of her. At first she had been friendly, then she had scolded him, now she was offering him shelter and going back to the friendly cat that he had met? Who is she? Obsidian wondered, his hues narrowing slightly and he turned his head away. His curiosity was getting the better of him and, although he fully meant to tell her he didn't want her shelter, he could feel his mind already changing. "Yeah, I could use a place to stay. Just for the night. I'll be moving on soon- I'm a traveler, I don't stay in one place for long." Obsidian mewed, his voice still halting and cautious, although there were the hints of anxiety and worry in them as well. He wasn't sure whether he should be allowing himself to do this. She's just being polite. She doesn't actually want you here, Obsidian thought to himself, trying to convince himself that she wasn't the cat he thought she just might be. He didn't know whether she was just being polite towards him so that he wouldn't actually attack her, or if she truly did want him to be there. He had yet to meet a cat who wanted his company. He wasn't the special cat in his former family. He wasn't a unique cat under any circumstances...and certainly not these, having run away and all.

Why was she being so nice to him? What did she want from him? He couldn't give it to her, whatever it was...he had been told multiple times he couldn't do anything right, and to be honest, he believed those words. How could he do anything right? In his opinion, he should never have been born. His life didn't matter. He was just another stray, another cat that twolegs wanted to wipe out, another cat that people hated more then anything else...they thought he was scum. "Wow. Sounds like you've had quite the past, then." He mewed, his eyes growing wide with surprise as she spoke about her past. His hues narrowed as he scanned her expression and stance for any signs of what she might be thinking. She's trying to be friendly. And hide something...why, does she think I'm going to make fun of her? I know a thing or two about being alone. And made fun of. I wouldn't do that. But she's sad, too...talking about everyone who's passed through here. Sounds like she misses them quite a bit. And tense- looks like there was some tension between a few, oh yeah, like she said. He hadn't thought that anyone would have been around so many cats. He knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, seeing so many strangers and then having them just move on. And now he was going to be just 'another one of those cats,' coming and moving on. He felt a sting of guilt, realizing that that probably wasn't the nicest thing for him to be doing. He wondered if she ever wished those cats had stayed there for longer. If she missed them, and wished she had moved on with them, or if she was glad that she had stayed here and continued to be someone who provided shelter for other travelers. It was a little hard to tell by looking at her, which was surprising...Obsidian was normally better at figuring out other cats' emotions.

Did she like being alone? Had she chosen it? Or had she been left here purposely, left behind by someone? I wonder what she thinks of me...Obsidian thought. This was something that he generally thought when other cats were speaking to him or asking him questions. She knew nothing of where he had come from. What it had been like, constantly overshadowed and confused...constantly being told he wasn't good enough. Constantly wondering whether he would ever get out of that place one day. His hues fixed themselves on Calia and he sighed, shifting his weight a little uncomfortably. Even now, he still wasn't sure what to think of her. He knew better then anyone else what a pretender could do, but she sounded so honest and hopeful when she was talking to him...what else could he think but that she was telling the truth?

Maybe she did care. He didn't know. I should tell her who I am. Well, my name, at least. She deserves to know that at the least. Obsidian thought to himself, and he glanced up at her again, curling his tail tighter around himself until it looked almost as though it were a snake about to squeeze him to death. "There's something I think you should know...since I'm going to stay here the night, if that's still okay..." Obsidian mewed, his voice a little less rough and guarded now. It was calmer, even softer...but not by much. "Obsidian. My name, I mean, it's...Obsidian." He mewed, averting his hues from her now. He glanced down at his paws, unsheathing and sheathing his claws, digging them into the dirt and watching them slice through it easily. Memories came flooding back to the tom, although he tried to block them out the best he could.

He could only hope that he wasn't making a grave mistake by staying here.
[ im so sorry i feel so bad its been ages im so so sorry ]
[ this is so short and bad but i felt like i had to get something in here]
[ i should be back to normal rp by this weekend tho - heh, busy days ]

Calia offered the tomcat a warm smile as he shared his name, something she had been incredibly curious about beforehand. With a soft, gentle tone of voice, she responded, ``You have a beautiful name. My former housefolk gave me my name, but I don't know why,`` She shook her head at this, a kit-like wonder adopting the features of her face as she looked off into space. Why Calia? Why not.. Jenny or Apples? Why Calia? These were the thoughts that crossed her mind. Her name could've been anything but Calia, but her name was Calia, and she didn't know why. When her thoughts ended, when she remembered she had company, she returned to reality with a weak smile. ``Interesting stuff, y'know - names, I mean.``

``Listen, I know you must be highly uncomfortable... and you probably don't trust me, but I assure you I only want to help you. Even if you'll only be here for one night. My job as a cat is to shelter travelers like yourself, tend to their wounds and offer them food and water. I'm supposed to strengthen them before they continue with their journey, and honestly, it makes me feel good. So, please, let me help you,`` Calia's tone was soft like a mother talking to her kit. She was basically pleading with Obsidian, her vibrant blue eyes gleaming with persistence as she leaned forward slightly to place emphasis on her point.

She kept silent on the aftermath. When Obsidian left, Calia would be depressed. But she never let her company know of the following sadness, as their time with her should be cheerful and pleasant. So she would bottle up her emotions until she was alone, when she'd let them explode. She began to support her case, determined to persuade Obsidian into letting her help. ``I can make you a nest - in fact, there are some old ones by that old bridge over there, but I can freshen one of them up for you! There's plants everywhere, including moss. And as for prey, I store lots of fresh-kill for the cold seasons, and I'm willing to share. And I can even hunt for you while you rest - surely you're exhausted from your journeys? Oh, you're muscles must be aching! I can help you with that - I love herbs just as much as I know them and their functions. I can ease any aches, cure any injury, and kill any illness! Okay, not really, but I know the basic herbs. I plant them in this garden, though the frost is making it difficult to keep them alive. And water! There's that little pool there, by the bridge. It's slightly frozen over, but the ice breaks easily, and it keeps the water cold and fresh. I can take care of you here, until you leave.``