✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ im so sorry i feel so bad its been ages im so so sorry ]

[ this is so short and bad but i felt like i had to get something in here]
[ i should be back to normal rp by this weekend tho - heh, busy days ]

Calia offered the tomcat a warm smile as he shared his name, something she had been incredibly curious about beforehand. With a soft, gentle tone of voice, she responded, ``You have a beautiful name. My former housefolk gave me my name, but I don't know why,`` She shook her head at this, a kit-like wonder adopting the features of her face as she looked off into space. Why Calia? Why not.. Jenny or Apples? Why Calia? These were the thoughts that crossed her mind. Her name could've been anything but Calia, but her name was Calia, and she didn't know why. When her thoughts ended, when she remembered she had company, she returned to reality with a weak smile. ``Interesting stuff, y'know - names, I mean.``

``Listen, I know you must be highly uncomfortable... and you probably don't trust me, but I assure you I only want to help you. Even if you'll only be here for one night. My job as a cat is to shelter travelers like yourself, tend to their wounds and offer them food and water. I'm supposed to strengthen them before they continue with their journey, and honestly, it makes me feel good. So, please, let me help you,`` Calia's tone was soft like a mother talking to her kit. She was basically pleading with Obsidian, her vibrant blue eyes gleaming with persistence as she leaned forward slightly to place emphasis on her point.

She kept silent on the aftermath. When Obsidian left, Calia would be depressed. But she never let her company know of the following sadness, as their time with her should be cheerful and pleasant. So she would bottle up her emotions until she was alone, when she'd let them explode. She began to support her case, determined to persuade Obsidian into letting her help. ``I can make you a nest - in fact, there are some old ones by that old bridge over there, but I can freshen one of them up for you! There's plants everywhere, including moss. And as for prey, I store lots of fresh-kill for the cold seasons, and I'm willing to share. And I can even hunt for you while you rest - surely you're exhausted from your journeys? Oh, you're muscles must be aching! I can help you with that - I love herbs just as much as I know them and their functions. I can ease any aches, cure any injury, and kill any illness! Okay, not really, but I know the basic herbs. I plant them in this garden, though the frost is making it difficult to keep them alive. And water! There's that little pool there, by the bridge. It's slightly frozen over, but the ice breaks easily, and it keeps the water cold and fresh. I can take care of you here, until you leave.``
{No worries! It's great, I'm just happy to see you ^^
Plot for Calia- she goes to TC and becomes Med Cat xD
Btw Obsidian's going to be going to the DS at some point, for a little while...and start traveling back and forth between here and there. He's not really going to be a member, he's just going to literally 'show up...' and he's going to meet Jinx there at some point, so that's when he and Augustus could meet too}

Obsidian's ears perked up at the she cat's words and he cocked his head to the side. No one ever complimented him on his name. Weird, yes. Creepy, yes. Unusual...sometimes, but he wasn't quite sure whether it was a compliment or an insult. A beautiful name. Obsidian slowly relaxed more, allowing himself to let his guard down for a moment. Just a moment-- it wasn't a long time, but it was enough to show her that he wasn't always so disagreeable. He could be better. It would just take a lot of work and a long, long time. He thought for a moment, and then a rare smile crept up onto his features. "Have you ever seen a calia lily?" He asked suddenly, wondering where she had gotten her own name from and if she had given it to herself, remembering the different colored flowers that had sprinkled the flowerbed back at his own home.

They were very pretty. Perhaps her Mother-- or housefolk-- had named her after that particular flower. "Yeah, very interesting. My brother gets a normal, show cat name-- and I get Obsidian. Wonder why." He mewed bitterly, tensing up once more and his guard slipped back up as he went to hide behind it. His brother was a show cat-- and an annoying one at that. He couldn't stand the tom, and he wondered if things were ever going to be right between them. After all, it couldn't be easy for him, living on his own surrounded by those starlets in the cat world...toms who looked like they were worth a million dollars...and then there had been the clumsy, hopeful kitten who had been there all along.

Obsidian remembered that kitten. Mainly because it had been very close to him-- might have even been known as a part of him. That kitten was gone now. It had left along with Obsidian, but the tom hadn't seen it since. It must have left once his collar was taken off. He glanced at the she cat for a moment, watching her as she spoke earnestly, desperately...as though she wanted this more then anything else right now. "Okay, look-- Calia, wasn't it? I don't accept help from strangers." He growled low in his throat before stopping. She was only trying to help. There was no need to be so rude. He needed to calm down before she decided he was a nuisance and kicked him out.

Although he was sure he'd easily be able to beat her. "Then again...if it's not a bother to you, I may stay here for a little while. Once you are no longer a stranger...I will allow you to h- Oh forget it, just go ahead." He mewed. He didn't need to stay here longer then needed, and he was glad that she was willing to help so he could continue onwards. He didn't think about the fact his sudden change of mind might hurt the she cat's feelings. Nor did he think about the fact that she might need a second to process all that had just happened-- or something like that. He took a couple of pawsteps towards her, glancing at her anxiously before stopping. That was as close as he would get for the moment being.

He listened to everything she said, amusement showing in his hues before he chuckled slightly, and although his hues were lit up with laughter, there was no evidence of it in any of his other features. His muscles remained just as tense, and he didn't smile. "Alright. You can help, but I really need to get on my way in a couple days." He mewed, glancing around at the area. He knew it was easy to get attached in a couple of days-- it had happened to him more times then he could count-- but then again, it was hard at the same time. Only if you allowed yourself to grow attached would it actually work. Perhaps I'll come back here sometime, he thought as he glanced around the attractive little area.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.