View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2017, 01:01 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ ohmygosh i was actually considering doing that, but i didn't wanna destroy obsidianXcalia cx ]

[ Ooh gosh cant wait for that obsidian&augustus meeting ]

Whenever Obsidian spoke in between her, she would look at him with an ounce of hurt as he turned her away. And when he sent her a low growl, she flinched. She just hated violence such as physical and verbal attacks, as well as those aggressive sounds like a snarl. She wasn't a fighter, Calia was a lover. She could tend to your wounds, and murmur comforting words to you, but she could not, would not, resort to any kind of violence. I'm a lover, but Obsidian doesn't seem to understand that, she thought sadly, frustration causing a tingle to run along her forearm. She knew he was untrusting of her, and though she was completely used to aloof cats, they always brought irritation to her. She simply couldn't understand why they refused to trust her, but she adjusted to their ways after a few hours.

Calia frowned slightly when he mentioned his departure. They always left, resulting in her usual bout of depression until the next traveler found her. She discreetly shook her head, clearing her mind of the haunting thoughts. ``Of course,`` she agreed, respectfully dipping her head, ``completely understandable.`` Her vibrant blue eyes gleamed with the same emotion that was in her tone - respect. She stood tall, displaying her neck to everyone, and, for once, her collar was noticeable. Wrapped around her neck was a thin, clear, sparkly, dark blue ribbon. It was tied in a large bow, but it sorta flopped due to it's material. Normally, it didn't bother her, but there were times where she felt an itch in the neck area. Now was one of those times.

Casting a brief smile towards Obsidian, she rocked back on her haunches and brought her hind paw to her neck. Swiftly, she began to scratch at that itch, releasing low, quiet purrs at the pleasant feeling. She stretched her head further, allowing her foot a clear opening to her neck. Finally, when Calia was satisfied with her work, she pulled her foot away, returning to a sitting position. Her thick, long-haired ginger pelt sparkled golden in the sunlight, and her bright blue eyes seemed ten times as bright. Her bushy tail was curled at her side, lying over her forepaws which were tucked close to her torso. With a nervous giggle, Calia explained, ``I get an itch sometimes.``

``Anyway, regarding your stay...`` Calia's tone was light, and layered with kindness. She displayed a genuine smile on her muzzle, and her head was tilted slightly to the side in it's normal position. Her ears and whiskers would twitch every now and then due to the abundance of distracting scents and sounds. ``Your nest is by mine, if that's okay? Right beneath that bridge there, but we can move it if the arrangement makes you uncomfortable. Many travelers who pass through here prefer the nest to be moved. I just find that the bridge offers great protection from, say, the rain or snow. I'll also clean the nest up - I haven't had any companions in ages! Haha, for some reason, I built the nest, but nobody's stayed in it. I guess I built it automatically. I'm rambling; I'm sorry - I tend to do that. And there's a small stream over there, I believe I already mentioned it.`` Cue the anxious laugh. ``I've also got a clump of fresh-kill right next to my nest under the bridge, for whenever you're interested. I try to keep it stocked up, but because of the cold seasons... At the moment, I think I only have a scrawny water vole or two. And, as for the twoleg nest, don't worry about it. The twolegs who live there aren't here very often - I've only seen them once, and I've been here for a couple moons. However, there's a twoleg who does come here every now and then, but he's only here to tend to the garden. That twoleg isn't any harm, though. He brings food with him sometimes, for me. He hasn't been trouble at all, so if he happens to appear here, don't worry about him. He's completely harmless!``

Shifting slightly, Calia blinked against the sunlight and gathered her breath. She rolled her shoulders, and flexed her toes, internally moaning at the satisfaction that came with the movement. ``Do you have any questions, or concerns? I want to do whatever I can to make your stay here as comfortable as possible!`` Her blue eyes held a kit-like innocence, innocence she wasn't even aware she was showing. Calia was a genuinely innocent, friendly molly with a tendency to risk herself for others. She truly was a lover.
The black tom could see the pain that showed in her eyes-- though it was barely noticeable-- every time he spoke to her. What was he doing wrong? He was trying to do something right for once, trying to keep himself shut off like he was supposed to...but all he seemed to be doing was causing more and more pain for everyone else. It seemed as though the misfit really couldn't do anything right. He didn't understand why she thought he might want to be friends... friends only left you in the end, betrayed you...went on to become famous while you were reduced to this. He thought bitterly, feeling a sharp sting of anger pick at his chest-- or his heart.
Obsidian preferred to think of himself as being without a heart. Without love. Though he knew that simply wasn't true, and it wasn't going to end up that way, which bothered him. How come, in all the horrible moons that he had been alive-- though they weren't all bad, he thought with a short smile-- how come in all that time, he had never thought to just lock himself away from the world? Though he'd been pretty close to it in that place. Fame had really changed the cat he was thinking of. The cat he thought he knew. His refusal to trust centered around his desperation to keep himself from being betrayed again...to keep that kind of hurt out of his heart.
Out of his life. Out of anything and everything that might cross his path. But Calia was such a good natured cat...it was hard for him to keep himself blocked off from her. He was going to really have to watch it, or he would end up with a connection that he didn't want at all. Unwanted connections were the absolute worst, and the kind that seemed to have the worst attraction to Obsidian. So many unwanted connections in his life. So many heartaches...and heartbreaks. Too many, in his opinion. Far too many for him to continue on for very long, though he would try his best. And he was on his way to a place that he knew would work better for him. To a place where, though there were a lot of cats, he would be free-- free from heartbreak.

Because the cats there didn't seem to have hearts either, not as far as he knew. Oh he wouldn't tie himself down to a singular cat there, nor to the group as a whole. He would look around. Scope out the area. Make sure that it was a place that deserved loyalty before he made a true decision...that was the best thing to do, wasn't it? "Thank you for your understanding." He mewed, lowering his head in respect of the she cat's response. He was somewhat surprised at her indifference to his mention of leaving...though perhaps she had to be that way. Perhaps she wanted to. Maybe it was her way of keeping herself from getting hurt, just as staying away from other cats and keeping himself guarded was Obsidian's way of not getting hurt. And he appreciated it. She had the brightest eyes of any cat Obsidian had ever seen, and they made him slightly uncomfortable.
Perhaps it was the life that was held within them...how did she manage to look so sweet, innocent, kit like, and yet like a mother or a cat who would take on anything who threatened to hurt her loved ones at the same time? Though from what he had seen, he sincerely doubted it. The scolding tone of voice she had first used was still stuck in his head, and he would remember it for a good, long while. How had she done that? It had been so calm, and yet commanding at the same time...and had made him feel like a kitten being scolded for clawing the curtains or scratching up the furniture again. A shudder went down Obsidian's spine at the thought of those horror filled days that had been preparing him for the spotlight-- the spotlight he never got. And in a way, it was a blessing that he hadn't gotten the spotlight focused onto him.
He had seen what it could do to a cat, first hand. A horrifying experience, really. He noticed, for the first time, the bow that was tied around her neck, and how she was struggling to undo it, then explained about the itch. Oh, an itch. Not trying to get it off. He thought, re-evaluating his already calculating mind. "Well, if you would like, I've dealt with a couple of those-- I could help you get it off. Might make it easier to get to that itch." He offered, and then stopped. A bow. Just a bow. Getting a bow off. No problem, right? He'd done it before with dozens of cats, there was no way that it would let him make connections he didn't want. Not unless he let it get to his head, mess with his mind, make him believe an untruth...none of which he would let it do. He waited for her approval anyways, not wanting to make things awkward.

This cat was offering him shelter, food, water, and safety-- the least he could do was offer to take a measly bow off her neck. He listened carefully to all that she was saying, never taking his watching hues off of her, never once pretending that he wasn't listening. All the time paying attention. All the time careful not to allow himself to get sidetracked in her words, and her voice.
It was so soft. It reminded him of another cat-- betrayal. And hurt. When she mentioned a twoleg, Obsidian's whole body tensed and he looked as though he were going to leave right that second before she moved on, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Hm? Oh-- no! No questions. Just-- you're sure that twoleg doesn't mean any harm? Twolegs are peculiar creatures, and they change their minds so easily..." He mewed, his voice trailing off as he looked up at the sky.
Yes, twolegs certainly were strange creatures. How could they be so fickle? Once Obsidian made a decision, he stuck to it. And he had already decided he was moving on from here, already decided he wasn't going to allow himself to get attached to the she cat, already decided that he didn't want anything to do with that twoleg. Or whatever food he might bring. Not to mention he had already decided that, whatever it was, it was going to be poisoned. And he needed to avoid it. Calia should avoid it too, but he didn't control the ginger female-- just himself. He glanced at the she cat almost nervously, awkwardly, remembering his offer from earlier and wondering if she wanted to take him up on it. It had certainly been a strange one for him to make, considering his earlier attitude.

{I had an ideaaa...so what if Obsidian ends up staying longer then he meant to, not on purpose but he sort of loses track of time and then they start to have feelings for each other before he realizes he's getting attached and is like 'well I guess I'll be moving on now' and she's upset cause she thought he might stay, but he shrugs it off like it's no big deal and is like 'I told you I was leaving in the first place' and goes to the DS, but keeps feeling bad and eventually thinks she might be in trouble *up to you whether you want that to be true or not* and so goes back... and we can see what happens xD}

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by BEAR.; March 14th, 2017 at 11:50 AM.