View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2017, 07:23 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
{We can message more about it and work out some details if you would like ^^}
The black furred tom looked a little skeptical at her remark on the twoleg, but shrugged it off after a moment. If this cat had been living there for that long without trouble, he figured he should go by her word. After all, her word should be good enough. At least, the word of a cat who had lived here for most of her life. That was the word he was going on, not necessarily Calia's alone. The tip of his tail flicked like a switch, but after a moment he sighed and gave her an almost angry look-- though not quite. He didn't want that cat who had acted-- strangely-- like a Mother to return. A shudder went down his spine for a moment before he finally was able to meet Calia's gaze. "If you say so. But twolegs have never been a fan of me-- black cats, bad luck. In their minds." He shrugged halfheartedly as though he'd heard the words a million times. Black cats, bad luck. Again and again those four words seemed to replay in his head.

And he hated them. It was all superstition, and yet he was the one suffering for people's ignorance. It was nothing but a myth, and yet his brother had lived in the very height of fashion while he was forced to become this. Fun, right? He glanced at the ribbon again, noting that it appeared that it was choking her. Nervous-- she doesn't want to take my time-- tight, too, and bright-- pretty color-- why's it look like that? He thought, cocking his head to one side. Obsidian's thoughts were arranging themselves into an orderly fashion, and he felt as though he owed her at least something.

"You sure? It's really no trouble-- it would be the least I can do." He mewed in the friendliest tone he had yet used. He understood that it might be unnecessary to do so, but even if it was... at least he would be helping. Obsidian hated the thought of being 'useless;' and he was determined to prove that he wasn't. To everyone. Even Calia, if he needed to...though he was hoping things wouldn't come to that, hoping that the she cat would be more of the understanding type...and from what he had seen, she was. It was one of the things that made him feel more comfortable. Her next words sent a chill down his spine. No pressure. Words he had heard, but that were very rarely meant.

If you don't want someone to feel pressured, why tell them there's no pressure? Just don't mention it. Obsidian thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth, back and forth until it looked as though the tip were going to fall off from how quickly he was switching it in that manner. Obsidian swallowed lightly, trying to act as though he were perfectly fine-- he really wasn't, however. It was a rare occasion when he was actually fine. "Not that I know of, no," He mewed, stepping away from her. There was no bodily sign that he was uncomfortable; just his eyes flitting back and forth showed that perhaps he would be more at ease with distance. He didn't say anything else. Obsidian was not a cat that, once a situation got awkward, he tried to salvage conversation-- just the opposite, as a matter of fact.
[ sure! c=
all i can think about is, when Obsidian comes back, how Calia will feel ]

Calia felt hurt when Obsidian stepped away from her, though she didn't show it. Instead, she simply cast him a discreetly weak smile, nodded, and pulled away. Now, she could feel the awkward tension. Normally, awkward did not exist for her, but the dark-pelted tomcat before her brought it alive. ``Don't worry about the ribbon, I assure you. It's rather tight and itchy, but the history behind it is actually quite meaningful,`` She laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact with the tom. Only now did she seem to realize just how antisocial he was, how uneasy he was with her. It made her nervous, but her selflessness convinced her to make sure he was comfortable.

She shuffled her paws, watching them through anxious eyes. Calia's met all types of cats - every type of feline, and she was capable of treating them all with a bright, comfortable air. And then she met Obsidian. He was different compared to every other traveler that passed through her garden, and he was able to introduce her to emotions she rarely experienced. Lashing her tail briefly, she let her small frown lift into a small smile. Gathering the needed courage, she looked over at her guest. He clearly didn't want to deal with company at the moment, and she would gladly grant him his wishes. ``If you'd like, I could show you where you'll be staying? I'll build your nest, and if you prefer, you could join me in picking some resources? We don't have to go far - everything we need for a nest can be found in this garden. Otherwise, please feel free to relax.``

Calia, with her hardening paw pads pressed firmly against the ground, took a step back, motioning to the small bridge just a few yard next to them as she mentioned showing him his temporary bed. And when she offered him the chance to explore the garden, she waved her tail and looked around her, putting some visuals to her words. Calia avoided his gaze, knowledgeable that a majority of anxious cats prefer not to make eye contact as it fuels their anxiety. Instead, she looked at the earth, the light layer of snow, and her shuffling forepaws. She studied the pale markings of her sliding paws in the snow, and she was able to spot just a small amount of grass and dirt below. She smiled softly at this. She always found nature to be beautiful and calming, and she'd always had a strong interest in it. She did enjoy the snow, and found it's gorgeous white blankets to make her youthful and bright. However, her thoughts on rain were mixed. Rain fed her plants, but the sky often grew dark and gloomy on rainy days, causing her to become extremely depressed. Rainy day skies weren't similar to night skies at all - no, she loved night skies. Rainy days were cloudy, and dark, and just seemed to cause depression. Night skies were starry and handsome, and she enjoyed watching those skies.

Obsidian. The mysterious cat she yearned to know. She wanted to know if he enjoyed rainy days, if he often looked at the night skies. Perhaps he admired the beauty of leaf-bare? She didn't know, and she was sure she never would. He seemed to be more reserved than any cat she's ever known... But she was patient. She had as much patience as humanely possible, and was more than willing to wait for him to open up... But she'd never see him warm up, as he'd be long gone.