Old March 17th, 2017, 01:45 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ sure! c=

all i can think about is, when Obsidian comes back, how Calia will feel ]

Calia felt hurt when Obsidian stepped away from her, though she didn't show it. Instead, she simply cast him a discreetly weak smile, nodded, and pulled away. Now, she could feel the awkward tension. Normally, awkward did not exist for her, but the dark-pelted tomcat before her brought it alive. ``Don't worry about the ribbon, I assure you. It's rather tight and itchy, but the history behind it is actually quite meaningful,`` She laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact with the tom. Only now did she seem to realize just how antisocial he was, how uneasy he was with her. It made her nervous, but her selflessness convinced her to make sure he was comfortable.

She shuffled her paws, watching them through anxious eyes. Calia's met all types of cats - every type of feline, and she was capable of treating them all with a bright, comfortable air. And then she met Obsidian. He was different compared to every other traveler that passed through her garden, and he was able to introduce her to emotions she rarely experienced. Lashing her tail briefly, she let her small frown lift into a small smile. Gathering the needed courage, she looked over at her guest. He clearly didn't want to deal with company at the moment, and she would gladly grant him his wishes. ``If you'd like, I could show you where you'll be staying? I'll build your nest, and if you prefer, you could join me in picking some resources? We don't have to go far - everything we need for a nest can be found in this garden. Otherwise, please feel free to relax.``

Calia, with her hardening paw pads pressed firmly against the ground, took a step back, motioning to the small bridge just a few yard next to them as she mentioned showing him his temporary bed. And when she offered him the chance to explore the garden, she waved her tail and looked around her, putting some visuals to her words. Calia avoided his gaze, knowledgeable that a majority of anxious cats prefer not to make eye contact as it fuels their anxiety. Instead, she looked at the earth, the light layer of snow, and her shuffling forepaws. She studied the pale markings of her sliding paws in the snow, and she was able to spot just a small amount of grass and dirt below. She smiled softly at this. She always found nature to be beautiful and calming, and she'd always had a strong interest in it. She did enjoy the snow, and found it's gorgeous white blankets to make her youthful and bright. However, her thoughts on rain were mixed. Rain fed her plants, but the sky often grew dark and gloomy on rainy days, causing her to become extremely depressed. Rainy day skies weren't similar to night skies at all - no, she loved night skies. Rainy days were cloudy, and dark, and just seemed to cause depression. Night skies were starry and handsome, and she enjoyed watching those skies.

Obsidian. The mysterious cat she yearned to know. She wanted to know if he enjoyed rainy days, if he often looked at the night skies. Perhaps he admired the beauty of leaf-bare? She didn't know, and she was sure she never would. He seemed to be more reserved than any cat she's ever known... But she was patient. She had as much patience as humanely possible, and was more than willing to wait for him to open up... But she'd never see him warm up, as he'd be long gone.

{O.O .... now I feel guilty xD}

"If you say so. Let me know if you change your mind-- I'd be happy to get rid of that for you as soon as you do." The tip of Obsidian's tail flicked, and he looked slightly worried-- almost as though Calia had offended him in some unknown way. But she hadn't, of course... the tom sometimes made odd expressions, just to see other cats' reactions, though it wasn't an often occurance. He must be already warming up to the female to be doing something like that. He was aware of her anxiety. Her nervousness. And it was feeding his own, making it grow until he was sure he wouldn't be able to handle it for much longer. Certainly Calia wasn't scared of him-- who would invite a cat they were scared of to stay with him?

And he would be moving on soon, anyways. To a place where he knew there were lots of cats, but they were all dedicated to their jobs; no feelings, no stupid drama like the place where he had come from. Everything was black and white there-- it either was or it wasn't, there was no in between. But they were much bloodthirstier then Obsidian would ever be, that much was also obvious to him. He wasn't a bloodthirsty cat at all-- he was more calm, and caring. And yet he wanted to go to this place, away from the charming smaller area where he was now with Calia. Why? If you had asked him, he probably wouldn't have been able to answer.

He would be the weak one there. The small one. Just like he always had been only this time, it would be much, much worse. So why would he put himself through that? Well perhaps he liked to be the small one. Maybe he didn't feel like keeping his guard up anymore-- maybe he felt more like letting it down and calming himself, although it was always very hard to do that for some reason. And again, the tom wasn't quite sure what that reason was. "Sure, that's fine by me." Obsidian half shrugged, padding after the ginger she cat. Her pelt was pretty-- and interesting, too, growing up in a family of shorter furred cats, longer pelts had been few and far between. Unless you counted those giggling, immature starlets of cats-- in which case they were all over the place, but much more well groomed and fake looking then Calia's own.

Obsidian was staring at it-- without realizing of course-- as he followed behind her, the tip of his tail twitching. He liked Calia, and was grateful to her for being so friendly towards him, of course... but until he was able to trust her completely, as he would have liked to say he did now, he wouldn't be too close to her... he knew better, it would only end in the same heartbreak and tears as those things always did.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.