View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
{O.O .... now I feel guilty xD}

"If you say so. Let me know if you change your mind-- I'd be happy to get rid of that for you as soon as you do." The tip of Obsidian's tail flicked, and he looked slightly worried-- almost as though Calia had offended him in some unknown way. But she hadn't, of course... the tom sometimes made odd expressions, just to see other cats' reactions, though it wasn't an often occurance. He must be already warming up to the female to be doing something like that. He was aware of her anxiety. Her nervousness. And it was feeding his own, making it grow until he was sure he wouldn't be able to handle it for much longer. Certainly Calia wasn't scared of him-- who would invite a cat they were scared of to stay with him?

And he would be moving on soon, anyways. To a place where he knew there were lots of cats, but they were all dedicated to their jobs; no feelings, no stupid drama like the place where he had come from. Everything was black and white there-- it either was or it wasn't, there was no in between. But they were much bloodthirstier then Obsidian would ever be, that much was also obvious to him. He wasn't a bloodthirsty cat at all-- he was more calm, and caring. And yet he wanted to go to this place, away from the charming smaller area where he was now with Calia. Why? If you had asked him, he probably wouldn't have been able to answer.

He would be the weak one there. The small one. Just like he always had been only this time, it would be much, much worse. So why would he put himself through that? Well perhaps he liked to be the small one. Maybe he didn't feel like keeping his guard up anymore-- maybe he felt more like letting it down and calming himself, although it was always very hard to do that for some reason. And again, the tom wasn't quite sure what that reason was. "Sure, that's fine by me." Obsidian half shrugged, padding after the ginger she cat. Her pelt was pretty-- and interesting, too, growing up in a family of shorter furred cats, longer pelts had been few and far between. Unless you counted those giggling, immature starlets of cats-- in which case they were all over the place, but much more well groomed and fake looking then Calia's own.

Obsidian was staring at it-- without realizing of course-- as he followed behind her, the tip of his tail twitching. He liked Calia, and was grateful to her for being so friendly towards him, of course... but until he was able to trust her completely, as he would have liked to say he did now, he wouldn't be too close to her... he knew better, it would only end in the same heartbreak and tears as those things always did.
[ noooooo no guilt!!!!! cx ]

Calia automatically smiled when he agreed to join her, completely oblivious to his staring. Progress, she told herself enthusiastically. His cooperation fueled her happiness, and she practically bounced - like an excited kit - to their destination. She now displayed a large grin, and cheer radiated off her in waves. It wasn't very difficult to satisfy her, and she was knowledgeable of this, but it didn't bother her. In fact, it made her even happier to know she was easy to satisfy - often, making others happy had the ability to cheer you. She figured that, if others made her happy - say, with a simple `sure` - then maybe they'd feel happy that they made someone else happy? Whatever the case, she saw it as a positive thing.

She didn't cross the bridge, no, she bounded two yards to the bottom of the small hill beside the bridge. Tall plants grew around them, and she had to push through them in order to reach the desired point. Casting Obsidian a quick glance to assure herself he followed, Calia then slipped beneath the bridge. There was barely any snow below the walkway, and it was cool due to the shadow cast by the twoleg-built item. On the side closest to the twoleg nest was Calia's nest. It was hidden behind thick grasses. And on the other side was yet another nest - except this one was ratty and obvious dying. It too was hidden by grass. ``That's mine, there. And that will be yours. I promise you it'll look prettier and be ten times as comfortable in just a few moments,`` Calia purred. ``I bury the fresh-kill closer to my side - just before that patch of grass that hides my nest. It's easier that way, for whenever nobody is staying with me. And you can see the pond from here. In fact, right behind this clump of ferns is part of it,`` To prove her point, Calia trotted towards the ferns opposite of the way they came. She pushed the ferns down with a single paw, revealing one end of the pond. ``This part here,`` she meowed, beckoning to the pool of water just beside her paw, ``The ice is thinner, and easier to break, so getting to the water won't be so difficult. At first, when leaf-bare started, the pond was frozen over. I worked at this part for ages until I finally got to the water. Now, whenever the ice grows back, I break it before it can thicken.`` She looked down proudly at the thin layer of ice blanketing refreshing water. She did that - she found a way to get to the water, and that was something to be proud of. She put effort into it, too, a lot of effort. ``I'll break it again when we get back - I'm sorta thirsty, and I'm sure you are too. But believe me, the water will feel so much more amazing after we finish fixing the nest.`` She brought her paw off the ferns which sprung right back up, caging the pond from sight.

Calia made her way back to the entrance to her under-the-bridge home where she looked over at Obsidian. ``We just have to push through - go straight, okay? It's only a few feet ahead. I hope your comfortable sleeping on leaves? I know some cats prefer moss and sticks or reeds, but the ice has claimed those items as their victims.`` She spoke as she walked. ``The snow and ice have frozen the moss to the ground. I can't find any sticks below the snow, and the reeds are also stuck in the ice. However, my plants are nice and tall - a little frozen, but they'll warm up before nighttime.``

She came to a halt, by a patch of tall plants surrounded by smaller ones. ``I get most of my nest supplies here. Just gnaw at the stalks of any of these until they fall off. Oh, and grab a mouthful, too!`` And then Calia got to work.