View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2018, 08:18 PM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Default Re: Starwatcher's Cave [Request]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
It had been moons since noise other than water droplets or tumbling pebbles had reached Starwatcher's ears. Their acute hearing had grown accustomed to the traditional sounds that their cave home produced, and anything that didn't fit into the category of water splashing or rocks scraping instantly set them on edge. Instantly, they would assume the worst; some cat from ShadowClan had figured out they were still alive and had come seeking revenge... or a deadly rogue who knew of their disability and was here to drive them away from their beloved home. Even though it was dark and dreary, and full of despair, Starwatcher had made this cave their home - and unwelcome sounds would be met accordingly.

"I'd suggest you turn around now before I rip your scrawny pelts to shreds," they growled from where they sat on a high rock. With their smokey pelt, Starwatcher tended to blend into the rocky scenery in the cave, the darkness aiding them in hiding. They liked it that way - the darkness. It would force any trespassers into their world - one where their sense of sight was stripped from them. It made them feel powerful, alive even, to know that this created an even playing field, one where they had the upper claw. Slowly, Starwatcher rose to their full height - a rather large, bulky feline - and stared down at the newcomers. They couldn't see them, but by the scent and pair of pawsteps alone, they knew there were two. A low growl began to rumble in their chest as they unsheathed their claws, ready to defend their home.
Jasper perked his ears as noice reached him from deeper within the cave. Emesee cowered behind him, ears flat to her head. A voice rang out from the darkness and the young kits flinched, simotamiousley crouching down where they stood to make themselves seem smaller than before. Wait, said a small voice in Jasper's head. Shouldn't you try and see if this tom is helpful? Deciding to push away his fear of the unknown voice and its source, Jasper crept forward, Emesee at his heels. "H-hello, sir?" He called out, his youth and fright causing a squeaker to creep into his voice. Emesee, who could practically taste the hostility flooding through the cave, whimpered, tucking her tail between her legs; well, as best she could with the short tiny tail being what it was. As Starwatchers words, though uttered a few seconds ago, finally sunk into her thoughts and becoming distinguished, Emesee opened her mouth to the flood of a sentence that she couldn't withhold. "Please don't rip me to shreds; I don't have a scrawny pelt so you don't need to!" The she-kit shook out her fur and stepped beside her brother, righting herself as he had before. "W-where are you?"