View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 12:39 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Starwatcher's Cave [Request]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post

Jasper perked his ears as noice reached him from deeper within the cave. Emesee cowered behind him, ears flat to her head. A voice rang out from the darkness and the young kits flinched, simotamiousley crouching down where they stood to make themselves seem smaller than before. Wait, said a small voice in Jasper's head. Shouldn't you try and see if this tom is helpful? Deciding to push away his fear of the unknown voice and its source, Jasper crept forward, Emesee at his heels. "H-hello, sir?" He called out, his youth and fright causing a squeaker to creep into his voice. Emesee, who could practically taste the hostility flooding through the cave, whimpered, tucking her tail between her legs; well, as best she could with the short tiny tail being what it was. As Starwatchers words, though uttered a few seconds ago, finally sunk into her thoughts and becoming distinguished, Emesee opened her mouth to the flood of a sentence that she couldn't withhold. "Please don't rip me to shreds; I don't have a scrawny pelt so you don't need to!" The she-kit shook out her fur and stepped beside her brother, righting herself as he had before. "W-where are you?"
"Can't see me, can you? Good." Their pitiful cries only enraged Starwatcher more. They drug their open claws across the rock, an awful scratching sound echoing in the depths of the cave. It was obvious that they were not going to turn around leave, so Starwatcher would just have to force them to. "I do not give second warnings," they growled, walking forward on their rock until they managed to leap down, landing rather gracefully for such a large cat. As they stepped into the edge of where the light from outside met, their cloudy eyes seemed to glow. Starwatcher knew the second they set eyes on their own, that the trespassers would know of their blindness. This made them angry, and they snarled at Jasper and Esmee for effect. "And do not call me 'sir'."

"I said out. Now," they snapped, lunging forward. Their speed was startlingly fast, however Starwatcher stopped themselves as they came to tower over the two strangers. The bulky feline could sense the intruders right in front of them, their scent unrecognizable. Loners they thought with a bit of relief. At least they weren't Clan cats, or rogues. Loners tended to be harmless, as Starwatcher was much scarier than both a Clan cat or a rogue. Usually this was enough to send any pitiful loners or kitty-pets scampering away with their tails between their legs.

Last edited by Mauve; February 21st, 2018 at 12:40 PM.