View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 07:20 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Echoskip smiled hesitantly, listening to Goldenstar. She shifted her paws, exhaling with relief, expelling all of the pent up worries and frustration that came with having to keep her secret. "I know." She said quietly, looking back up at Goldenstar. "But they're the only family I have, y'know? I have kits, and I can't afford to have my family look at them like they were the scum of the earth." Echoskip flicked her eyes to the Medicine Cat den, where she could see the shadowy figures of cats being treated and Daypaw's exhausted frame. "I heard that the Gathering was awful." She said in an attempt to change the conversation, turning her gaze back to Goldenstar.
Goldenstar was slightly nervous that he had said the wrong thing. After all, this was the Fuzz family they were talking about. While he had never personally talked with someone from the family up until now, he still knew their beliefs, and they were pretty much sexist and homophobic, which drove him crazy. However, he managed to keep himself calm for the time being, as he currently didn’t want to go crazy. He found it easier to talk when his mind wasn’t screaming 47 different things at him at once. “But what family does that?” He murmured, glancing away for a moment. He could tell that Echoskip wanted to change the subject as she spoke, so he decided to let her change it. “Yes, it was,” he sighed. “Daypaw pretty much has their paws filled,” he added. “You should be glad you weren’t there” he murmured, half trying to make a joke, half serious, shifting awkwardly on his paws.