Old April 26th, 2024, 03:45 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest View Post
so i've seen posts that are like "roll for perception = 13" and ik that that's used in like DnD, is it required? and also its like 1-9 is fail and 10-20 is success, right?

you do not have to use that system however, some event hosts roll/or ask you to roll a d20 to determine your characters success (some purrks may let you roll more than once and chose the higher number too, depends on host ofc). you dont have to do that for normal roleplay but i personally like to roll a d20 and do 12-20: success and below 12 fail just so i dont just let my character succeed all the time. and if its a slim fail you could have them almost catch the prey or smt so it can also give you an idea for ic actions :3
im still working on a more specific system but i think @/neptune has a really interesting one so thats definitely worth taking into consideration if youre looking for a specific system
edit: tiny edit, for herb collecting i differenciate. my character with high herbal knowledge and the collector purrk gets 2 rolls and i get to chose the higher one, for all other ones i roll once. dont have anything specific regarding the herbal knowledge part (i do 12+ success for either character) but i think i might look into that soon :eyes;

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; April 26th, 2024 at 03:47 PM.