View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:37 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Obsidian padded cautiously up tot he housethe house. No twolegs were there currently, and for the moment being, he couldn't spot any other cats. The nest didn't look deserted...it looked rather well kept, pretty, friendly. He couldn't understand why a pretty twoleg nest like this would appear to be so...deserted. Carefully he continued onwards towards the door, his ears pinned backwards against his skull as he did so. Caution was one thing that Obsidian practiced regularly- he was living in fear of getting caught by a twoleg. A life like that was only a half-life, in his opinion. Maybe not even a life at all.

Although he knew there were cats who would disagree with his views, at the moment, Obsidian couldn't have cared less. His tail twitched back and forth as his hues swept the area, thoughts going through his head quickly. No sign of twolegs- good. The house looks nice- not sure. Deserted- maybe. Comfortable- definitely. Wonder if I can get in...no, if there are twolegs here somewhere, they might trap me. And what if they've got a dog- not for me, no thanks. That sunny spot looks nice. No sign of anyone over there. He thought, glancing cautiously from side to side before settling down. He had been a kittypet before- although he had carefully slipped away, and his twolegs were never the wiser.

They'll probably just get another cat. Stupid twolegs- they never cared about me anyways. He thought with a furious lash of his tail. He wasn't quite sure where to go from here. He was worried that if he became a loner, he wouldn't quite know how to look after himself...the twolegs had 'rescued' him off the streets, in their words, and ever since then he had been spoiled rotten. What if he didn't know how to avoid twolegs? Or predators? The only practice hunting he had gotten had been fat mice in a tiny area, not out in the wilds where they were larger, not to mention smarter and meaner. How could a little critter like that have such a powerful bite?

Obsidian settled down a little more, relaxing. The peaceful birdsong in the garden seemed to calm him more, making him feel more at home and rested. His hues half closed lazily as he let down his guard. No one would hurt him here. No other 'more important, special' cat to take attention away from him. No twolegs telling him to get out because his 'adopted brother' needed to get ready for showtime. No cats rejecting him just because he wasn't purebred. No, all of that was in the past now. Now he was safe. He would never let anyone get close to him again. He would never let himself be broken as he had before again. Everything was going just fine...
Calia's ears grew erect and her whiskers twitched with interest at the sight of a stranger. She was currently fixing up her bed, a nest created with the plants in the garden. It had been challenging to tear a few of the plants from the ground, and her teeth ached from tugging at the stalks. Calia stood tall, but was hidden by the thick undergrowth. She made her home beneath the small bridge by the twoleg den, her belongings hiding behind tall plants and beneath the wooden planks. She'd been living here since the ShadowClan patrol left her - a few moons, perhaps?

Deciding to investigate, she pawed a few of the messy grasses back into place before making herself known. She trotted out from beneath the bridge, squeezing through the stiff plants to freedom. Her curious gaze rested on that of a dark-pelted tomcat, his fur shining in the sunlight. He appeared to of been resting - was he a traveler? I can't handle another traveler - not another. Despite the agonizing thought, she trotted closer to him, making certain her paw steps were heavy as to alert him of her arrival. Her medium-length, thick, ginger tabby pelt slightly bounced up and down with every exaggerated step. Her tail swung behind her cheerfully, and her vibrant blue eyes held a spark of interest. She wore a large smile, clearly doing her best not to frighten him.

``Hey, stranger,`` Calia meowed softly, stopping a tail-length or so before the tomcat. ``I'm Calia. Are you lost?`` She tilted her head to the right a bit as she questioned him, offering an innocent, kit-like impression. She was your stereotypical mother - except, without the kittens. She would be friendly, soft-spoken, the most kind cat ever known. But when either she or her loved ones were messed with - oh boy, best not be 'round for that. At the moment, though, she had no reason to bring out `mama bear`.

In Calia' past, she resided in a garden - much thicker than the one she lived in currently, and not cared for as well. Traveling cats would stay with her for their chosen amount of time, and she didn't mind. She was known among travelers for homing them. They'd share stories of their travels with her as she tended to their wounds or shared a meal with them. They'd tell her of the four Clans by the ocean, and how they worked. Until, one day, she actually met clan cats. She had been hunting, and when she returned to the garden with a mouse clenched between her jaws she was faced with an entire patrol of them. Injured ShadowClan cats were cleaning their wounds and talking when Calia appeared. She told them she could tend to their injuries, and they let her. She learned they had been exiled by their evil clanmates, but they did plan to return and clean their home of such filth. Calia became friends with them, but moons after appearing, they left for their home. This truly destroyed her as she had grown close to them. She could no longer reside in the garden that haunted her with thoughts of the Clan cats. So, she left, and ended up here.