View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2024, 07:59 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Redmire scoffed. "Of course I care. I've been here pretty much all my life, and all I've seen is rocky waters. I know we can be better, but it just feels like no one cares enough to try. Birdsnow sure doesn't." She ran her tongue over her teeth, feeling the sharp points of her canines. If the former leader wasn't able to handle the responsibility, she should never have accepted the position in the first place. Maybe done everyone a favor and died in the ThunderClan raid, for good measure. "We can't rebuild the right way if we've got slackers like her around. If she wasn't willing to put herself to work as leader, then I doubt she'll do the same as a warrior with far less responsibilities."

Once Owltalon came to a halt, Redmire flopped down next to her, cheek pressed against the ground and tail flipping irritably back and forth. She was just frustrated with everything - honestly to the point of near tears. With a huff, she shot Owltalon a glance. "You think I still have a shot at Lionheart, or have I totally screwed myself here?"

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She couldn't help but laugh at the last words that feel out of Redmire's mouth. She tried and failed to swallow back her snicker, which resulted in her face looking slightly pinched for a moment before replying. "You may have dropped the ball," Owltalon said truthfully. "But you've obviously got heart. Y'know, having a loud mouth ain't that bad when you're saying the right stuff. I'm sure you still have something of a shot to gain the position." She sighed and lowered her gaze from Redmire's. "Being a Lionheart is the last place I thought I'd end up honestly. I thought I made one too many mistakes. But I'm here, right?"

She smiled toothily as her gaze slowly darted back up to the warriors. "So no. You've still got options I'm sure. Just maybe work on building up some recently burned bridges."

Owltalon had only responded to Redmire's last concerns first because she was still digesting the first problems she had introduced. It was hard for her to see Birdsnow as someone who let the clan down, it was hard to see Larkstar or Tansypaw as cowards because she saw the cat behind them. Being a high rank was hard... Being a Riverclan high rank was a suicide mission with there current state.

The brown Lionheart dug her paws into the earth until she saw her paw pads indented in the soft dark cushioning. "I think that Birdsnow'll prove herself. I mean, there's nothing else she can do, right? I believe and her. Ya' got every right to believe that's childish or naive but... I think she'll do well. And if she doesn't, I'm sure Fadingsun won't hesitate to drag her to the outskirts." Saying that last part made her shoulders feel heavy. She prayed to sliverpelt it wouldn't happen. Please, please, please.

Birdsnow wasn't a bad cat by any means. If it was up to Owltalon, she'd be getting a lot more chances, just like any other cat. But it wasn't up to her, and she could feel the threatening waves of fate pulling control straight out of her claws.

She sighed and rolled back her shoulders as she waited for a reply.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!