View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
they were hurting. they didnt know what to say or do at this point. they walked with their head close to the ground, letting their gaze go no higher than to see what was infront of them. they could feel nightpaws gaze settling in them. they knew she was worried. they knew she cared. they knew she felt helpless. but so did they. they had no one but her at the moment. they had lost the only cat that they could really call their mother. they walked into the gathering with nightpaw at their side. ever since they had confessed the news she hadnt left their side it seems like. they didnt mind, they ddint want to lose her too, even if it seemed like they were pushing her away. they stayed silent, amber hues focusing on the ground ahead of them, nightpaws tail being the only thing really guiding them. they grew tired. they were tired of losing, and losing, instead of gaining. they felt so lonely. geckoleaf had been their everything, a mother, a friend, a mentor. and all of that was gone. they could still feel how her cold fur felt along their tongue as they groomed her fur. how cold she felt..so lifeless. a cat that once healed a clan, was now dead. no search party, no hassle. its as if she never existed or no one cared. it made them bitter. the moisture of the air flooded their nose. rain. at this point they didnt mind getting their fur wet. after all, what was the point anymore ?
"Smells like Thunderclan is around," Nightpaw said softly to the medicine cat. It wasn't as if this were shocking news. They were headed toward the Gathering. Of course other clans were out and about. But she wanted to fill the silence between them, to give Daydream something else to think about if they wanted. She thought about mentioning Juniperpaw or Shinefang in the hopes that Daydream might be excited to see them, but every mental path she took led back to Geckoleaf somehow. Juniperpaw had been Geckoleaf's apprentice and a cat of Riverclan, so that was bound to make them think again. What else was there? Herbs? That was a medicine cat topic too, and one that Nightpaw could hardly keep up with anyway. All roads led back to Geckoleaf somehow. She said something else instead. "I'll be a warrior soon. I passed my assessment a couple days ago... but I'm waiting for Snowpaw to feel better first." Nightpaw didn't expect a response. Only to show that she was there. "It's all thanks to you," she added. It was true. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for Daydream. She wouldn't be alive at all.