View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: In the Aftermath of Turmoil [private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrito View Post

Rabbitfluff hadn't taken Fallenstar's anger too seriously. "Just seems like a new leader trying to push himself above the experienced ones," he muttered under his breath, "so I hardly think anything will come of it, though perhaps he's reconsidering his position in the forest." He wasn't the high and mighty leader he believed himself to be, and what Grousestar said to him maybe made him think about that. "It's a stretch to claim SkyClan has drawn any lines in the sand." Everyone had been frustrated with Fallenstar as far as he was concerned, SkyClan was merely the one that ended it. "But I understand," Rabbitfluff meowed with a sigh, his head lowering in slight defeat as he thought about their time among the other four Clans. "I don't know how they've managed to survive so long if they're like this with one another-- it's simply cruel and unnecessary." Unrefined, they were little more than the savage cats kittypets thought they were.

Although he had been willing to hold his tongue, he realized he had to know. "What do you think of SkyClan's presence... here? Do you believe we're better off, living with them?" Sure, they'd rescued the Clans from the clutches of evil, but aside from gain a new territory and a bit of extra land, it sometimes felt like they were the little fish in a big sea. They may be the stronger Clan since they weren't involved in the petty fights of the rest.

"You've set a fine precedent to them. They would have to be mousebrains to not realize SkyClan shouldn't be disrespected, and I agree-- it would not be in his interest to focus his belligerent attention upon us." But if he did, StarClan forbid, he had confidence they'd soon learn what a mistake they'd made.

Unsure if he should attempt to comfort Grousestar, or if the situation even warranted it, he was silent for a moment as he thought about that. "Even if he managed to get under your pelt, it was the most graceful lecture I've witnessed in my time, so I hope you're not ashamed of your actions. You're well-spoken, and snapping at the fishy furball didn't change that."
Despite the words being muttered and his brain being slightly muddled by the previous events, Grousestar had caught the words that came out of Rabbitfluff's mouth. The tip of his tail wriggled in quiet frustration again, but he bit his tongue. He would have to give it more thought when he wasn't in a state like this, when he wasn't frustrated, angry, and worried about Starclan. He needed to have a clear mind so that he wouldn't handle this situation in the wrong way. "A stretch, but one I hope other's haven't reached yet. I dislike choosing sides, though.." A gust of breath escaped him as he shook his head, admitting to what he didn't wish to admit. "Skyclan will eventually choose a side." As for his friends last words, he could only nod. The leader completely agreed. He just couldn't understand or even fathom why they were like this. Was there just some deep seeded belief that their must always be war? That peace must be a fleeting thing and not everlasting? The only group that had made his view on peace falter was the Dusk Syndicate, and now, they were gone, dismantled. There was no good reason to fight, and it seemed the only reason the other clans were doing so was because of alliances.

The question caused the Skyclan leader to pause, his paws stopping in the mud and his gaze fully turning to the warrior. His jaw tightened slightly and for a long moment there was nothing but the sound of rain and distant rumble of thunder. "I don't.. I don't think I can answer that question right now." He eventually mewed, slowly his paws beginning to carry him forward again.

And the leader fell quiet again, letting Rabbitfluff talk to fill the gap but not offering much of his own input. Right now, he felt as if he had one hundred moons resting on his shoulders and wished for nothing more than a warm den and rest, Rabbitfluff's company as well, but he was sure the warrior would want to rest.

Grousestar offered a small smile, his emerald gaze focusing on the smaller tom for a moment before mewing, "Thank you Rabbitfluff. I appreciate it."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?