View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2016, 11:28 PM
The Lord Doitsu

My Mood: Thirsty

Cool Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirefern View Post
@Ever // @Jingle

Almondstar interrupts her duties -- slimmed down to only caring for her kits after removing herself from her original position as clan leader -- to peer up at the den opening. Chestnutkit squirms at her belly, while Peanutkit waddles towards her. He bumps against her soon enough, little body unaccustomed and watery eyes not yet fully developed. She draws a tongue over his ear, noting how small he is. A pang of worry plagues her momentarily, concerned for the wellbeing of her runt, so small and shaky compared to his siblings. His little legs only make him more diminutive, even slighter than the other runts she's seen actively romping around the den.

Pointed, conical ears flick in the direction of Jigglefoot, the smaller feline wobbling his way towards her. Sharp green eyes soften considerably, taking in the sight of the little tom who'd managed to woo her with his surprising hardiness and loyalty.

"Jigglefoot," she greets, pushing herself further to the wall of the den, exposing the kits who'd nestled into her fur. "Fine as I can be, I suppose. The kits are a little more adventurous. Chestnutkit prefers sleeping, but Peanutkit seems very curious with the sights and sounds coming and going, you know?"

"And I haven't rolled onto one yet, so I'll be considering that a sucess. How have you been? Ah, and the clan. Is Lemonstar taking good care of the place? I'd hope so. I can't imagine he'd do much worse than Hawkstar."

Grumbling slightly, the tired she-cat dips down to rest her head back against her paws, gleaming a glance up at her mate, eager to hear his response.
Jigglefoot nodded, his head dipping slightly while looking at his much larger mate. He nodded and purred softly as she exposed the small kits to him. Some were much larger than the others- but Peanutkit was so so small. It troubled him at Peanutkit's size- along with the upcoming winter. It would be a hard one but he had faith that Starclan that Peanutkit would survive and even thrive.

He flicked his tail and chuckled softly, "Yes I would say that was a sucess so far, as well." he mewed softly, his German accent comming through clearly now. "And Lemonstar is...alright- doing the job." The munchkin leaned forward and whispered gently into her ear; "You were still a better leader." he purred before pulling back and licking her shoulder.

----------

Peanutkit waved his short little tail, nearly tripping over a small rock in the nursery that he; 1) didn't see and 2) his legs werent long enough to properly avoid it. He huffed and let out a frustrated mew. He wondered why all his siblings were so much larger than him- so much stronger.
He scrambled over to his mother, curling up under her bellyfur. The runt glanced over at his father, eyes wide. He didn't remember this cat- but he knew his voice from somewhere.

I once killed a man in his sleep with his own mustache and a grape. - Germany