View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 03:52 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Whirl View Post
-

Snowpaw slowly nodded, even if it was a lie. He just didn't to seem that stupid. Truth be told he already knew he was the smartest. Though why would he need any other cat to think he was worst than they thought. Knowing that Caliapaw wasn't going to believe that, he just shrug his shoulders a little. "Or I may have been to lost in thought and ran into the tree. " The apprentice admitted. It would make a good story, with some fibbing in there. Snowpaw, the great apprentice gets in a fight with the scariest tree alive! He let out a small and quiet purr at the thought. Not the most interesting but it would be something. He just needed something to tell about. The story he told Caliapaw was only for family. It was a special thing, kind of. Snowpaw ear twitched. Pawing at the tree bark, he squinted his eyes as he suessfully got a piece bark. He tilt his head, could this be useful. "Hey, could this be useful for anything?" He asked.

As he asked the question he watched Caliapaw, she was thinking he could tell. A dreading feeling bubbled in his stomach. Snowpaw had a edge she was going to ask. He wouldn't lie to her. He was going to have to say it anyway. Then the one question came. He inhaled a deep breath before exhaling. "Well, yeah.. " His voice seem to trail off as he thought how to explain it. Snowpaw focused intently on the ground like it was the most interesting thing ever. "I'm deaf out of my left ear." He finally admitted. No need to sugarcoat this. He could hear out of his right ear but his left ear not. He could hear loud things perfectly fine to where it seem like the normal volume. "Please, don't tell anyone! It nothing big really, Caliapaw. I can still hear. I can smell better, too. It just I don't really want to be a forever apprentice or a elder. I'm not useless, either." Snowpaw added quickly. Speaking fast. One of his big insecurities were his hearing. He shuffled his paws. She is your sister, not to mention your Medince cat! Everything will be fine. He gulp, waiting for the dreading reaction he awaited.

When he realized about his hearing he almost told his mother but he didn't want to be useless or have a defect. Keeping it a secret, well he thought was the best. Snowpaw feared being hated and labelled as useless. After all he pitied the ones who were outcasts. Though he couldn't help but think, at least it isn't me. He always felt so guilty after thinking it. He always assumed that when the secret was out he would be like them. Which made him be kind to where it became somewhat annoying. Snowpaw felt like it was his own way of making up for the thought. He did try to stick up for the cats when he could. Though he usually would back down. Even make the situation worst.

"Sorry." He muttered under his breath. His fur prickled with uneasiness. He didn't hear her last comment. Snowpaw finally looked up.
The medicine cat examined the piece of bark her brother had taken off the tree. Everything else seemed to fade into the background as she searched her memory - there was no stress in this, just in case she couldn't think of everything. The bark was grey and black streaked, having come off of an aspen tree... Caliapaw thought of what aspen tree bark was used for. No stress... She reminded herself mentally. It wasn't a quiz on her abilities. Eventually the blonde feline shrugged, glancing up at Snowpaw and half smiling as well. "I really don't know. We can bring it back, I'll check the herbs to see if there's any bark like it there." The she cat mewed, her tail twitching as she thought, trying to pull up a mental picture of the herb storage. She spent a lot of time redoing it... and redoing it again... and making sure that it looked nice.

Where she could find everything, where things weren't so messy - not to mention that Caliapaw was short on patients sometimes. Some days were slow, where she had low stress and a lot of free time on her paws, and those were the days when she was able to eat better and everything was just great. The days when she had more patients were highly stressful, with her constantly trying to keep up with everyone and sometimes she would forget to do things like eating, or taking breaks, just working all day long. Caliapaw didn't have much trouble sleeping - she was normally exhausted by the end of the day, and would fall asleep without many problems. Hunger was never an issue for her, it didn't keep her from functioning or falling asleep or anything like that, which was her biggest problem with it. Wheatfur had kept her on track most of the time.

Now that he was gone, she had trouble remembering if she had eaten, or feeling like eating (thanks to the depressed state that had settled over her since her mentor's death) and so she would often find that she was having trouble functioning from not eating enough - if at all - within the last few days. It was that lack of being able to function properly that reminded her to eat most of the time, or she would just blame it on other sources. Caliapaw's ears pricked up when Snowpaw mentioned being deaf. Or, at least, deaf out of one ear. She definitely hadn't expected that... she'd thought he was losing his vision, or blind in one eye, or something like that. Some medicine cat she was! She hadn't even gotten the symptoms right! "I wouldn't worry too much about it," She began with another slight shrug.

"As long as you can still hear, and take visual cues, you should be fine in training. I'd start learning to try and figure out what other cats are other cats are saying by watching their mouths, too... just in case. Chances are you won't be deaf in both ears anytime soon, but as you get older..." Her voice trailed off as she padded along, her thoughts turning back to the medicine cat den. Honestly, Caliapaw was looking forward to going to sleep tonight. As soon as Silverpelt was fully visible, she was planning on going to sleep. That was, as long as no other cats needed her. So far things had been slow that day, and so she would be able to get some much-needed rest. What a treat that would be... an early end to a calmer day.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.