View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2024, 09:24 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: the hideaway (PRIVATE)

(Sorry for the delay!) @Streamtail
Huh? Flicker was being a bit too evasive and indirect for Pit’s pea brain to comprehend. So great was his confusion that he missed the implication about her hunting CATS, responding naively But you have to hunt to eat, right? And surely you need to eat! Unless you don’t mind eating prey someone else caught? The last part was delivered with a small smile, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Perhaps he would have something he could do for his beautiful new friend. To prove that his lack of brains wasn’t the end of the world.

Of course, not even Pit (this was something of an exaggeration, he wasn’t completely irrational. Slow on the uptake occasionally yes, but not incapable of getting the point) could miss the second, blatant reference to hurting cats. Because if she’d never hurt them that was nice, but also that implied others could be getting hurt. Pit was used to that. Nails had never spoken of it like this, like sport, but it was a necessity from time to time. He took little pleasure in it, but he was good at it. So he did it.

Clearly, Flicker seemed intent on a more light tone than the conversation perhaps warranted. Not wanting to drop this pretense and commit a social sin, Pit offered a rather weak response of his own. I’m glad to hear I don’t have to worry, getting jumped in my sleep would make it a bit hard to execute the plan, wouldn’t it. This, as well as being a pathetic excuse for a joke, was an attempt to fish out what ‘the plan’ actually was. He understood it involved kidnapping clan cats somehow (that was his job) but beyond that….nada. Flicker was surely clever enough to know something though, and maybe could be prodded into explaining.