View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2018, 11:16 AM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Default Re: - Tori's Hiding Place -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The she cat shrugged, thinking about what he had said. Her Mother might have named her, but in her opinion the name had been given to her - it belonged to her, which meant everything that came along with it. That was probably why cats complimented each other on their names, not each other's parents. However, she wouldn't comment on that... instead she gave a small smile and nodded. Toren did sound right, too, even if Tori didn't completely agree, though that may have had something to do with the way that he spoke. It was elegant, refined, and she loved the sound of it. It flowed almost perfectly, and coming from his mouth, it sounded right. He was a stranger, perhaps one from far away, one who didn't have the same experiences and customs of the Dusk Syndicate, so no wonder he spoke strangely. Tori had rarely spoken there, and was still getting used to this freedom she had to speak.

She still wasn't comfortable speaking her mind, though she never had been. Being born and raised in the Dusk Syndicate, Tori had soon learned that if she wanted to survive, she was going to have to keep her head down and her mouth shut. She didn't have it as rough as some... meaning the poor cats she had seen bullied simply because they weren't members of the Syndicate, or at least they hadn't been born there. Tori didn't agree with treating other cats like that, not that she was allowed to have that opinion... all she was allowed to do was sit still and watch and hope that she wouldn't be next. She never had been, she was always bullied off to the side when she was on her own, by one or two cats... mercilessly, yes, but at least it wasn't as public. Though that might have had something to do with her parents, scarier cats who took good care of her... or at least, they had. Tori had no idea where her parents or siblings were now, and she was hoping that they were okay.

Even the siblings who had been cruel to her were still family, and Tori was determined to treat them as such. Perhaps she would run into them later on, there was no way of knowing who all was out here, after all. "I... I like the way you, uh, the way you talk..." Tori's mew came through shyly, still unsure whether or not it was okay to say something like that. She hadn't been socially apt back in the Syndicate, and it seemed even out here, where there was only herself and Toren for... miles, most likely, she still wasn't able to pull herself together. Then again, Tori hadn't been very good with change, either. As horrible as that place was, she had almost been tempted to stay in the broken-down territory, where there would be a few other loyal members skulking around, probably... but hopefully she would be fine.

"Oh - oh no, they're... they're true." She mewed with a stammer, a shiver going down her spine and making it almost buzz with all the anxiety she was holding in her small body. Tori was still sitting near the tree, though when he began speaking again, telling her of his backstory - or at least part of it - she listened, intrigued. Her ears pricked up as she leaned partly forward, listening to the almost musical flow of his voice. If only she could speak like that, she was sure she wouldn't have been so shy and nervous. Who would ever make fun of words like those? She felt bland, boring next to him and his words and the tale that he spun - what made it even better was that it was a true tale. Tori had heard many stories over her young lifetime, but this one was more impressive to her.

"Well, uh, I hope it... it continues to be for the - for the better here, and... and I hope you find whatever it is you're - you're looking for, uh, if - if you are looking for... for something." That last part was added on more quickly, as Tori realized he had never specifically said that he was looking for something. But unless this home he spoke of was like the Syndicate, or the Clans, and had fallen apart, what other reason could he possibly have to leave? Perhaps he had been mistreated, or something? Tori wasn't going to go into all of that, though... she thought it would be rude.
( ( Ugh, sorry this is so late; I've had way more on my plate then intended. Also, I'm having a huge writer's block, so my posts will be rather short. At least it falls at a convenient time; I don't have much time anyways to write longer posts. Sorry, again! ) )

Toren perked his ears as she complimented him, reassuring the tom that he didn't speak odd to her. "That is courteous." he purred with a small nod. A few moments later as she confirmed his suspicions and the rumors that flew around from city cat to kittypet, and back again, the male gave a small frown. I'm sorry to hear that I say true." He shuddered, it must've been hard, growing up like that. As Tori offered him good luck, he gave a crooked smile in return, making his overall appearance much more friendly and happy. As the tom cat replied, he allowed more warmth and openness enter his mew. It was obvious she wasn't a threat. No cat could present that well. That he had met. Clearing his threat, Toren made to reply. "May good fortune follow you as well. Though trouble seems keen to enter, peace and contentment is never far off the horizon." The tabby tom couldn't help but smile again, shifting his paws in the sand.

Maybe it would be polite to ask her about herself. He thought, mulling of over his options. He could make conversation, or just leave. She seemed to leave the decision with him. After a minute or so of silence, Toren peered curiously at her, not at all trying to hide his obvious attempt at conversation again. Making up his mind at how to approach, the tom flicked his tail invitingly toward her. "What was it likein the Dusk Syndicate?" He had decided to go with the blanket, open question. He was wondering, after all.

Last edited by Jynx; January 14th, 2018 at 11:17 AM.