View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 02:57 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaFlower View Post

Shiningfeather had been impressed at how fast Jaypaw had caught on on her intentions. She had always been one to hunt or train before eating, after all, hunger hightened one's senses.
She had ignored Jaypaw's stomach, her own not making any sounds, used by now to her schedule, and had continued to walk through the camp and out of it.

Once they reached their destination, she sighed as she stared at the seemingly endless moors around her, and let the cold wind of the ending leaf-fall go through her soft gray fur. She shivered a bit, but didn't mind the cold feeling.

The molly had always prefered being outside of camp, feeling the place was too crowded and noisy for her own taste. Here, she felt free and at peace, and she had to refrain herself from sprinting around like a kitten. After all, she had an apprentice's training to supervise.

She turned to Jaypaw and sat down once again, her tail curling up around her out of habit, inviting him to do the same with a flick of her tail and a pointed gaze.

"Alright Jaypaw." She started. "Today's first training session will be a little unconventional. As you may now ..." She looked at her apprentice to be able to read his expression at the words she was about to pronounce. "... WindClan and ThunderClan are not on the best of terms, and a battle will most likely happen in due time. I don't know what skills you've acquired with your previous mentor, or if you have achieved anything at all, so feel free to tell me about your current progress." She meowed, looking him in the eyes.

"Nevertheless, today we will focus primarly on basic battle skills." She paused, and decided on adding to that to make her intentions clearer to her new apprentice. " I'm not asking you to join the battle once the time comes for it to take place. But should something major happen, I want you to be ready. Got it ?"

(Hope you're alright with it ?)

The wind buffeted Jaypaw's fur as the young tom followed his mentor over the set of winding hills. The sky was gray overhead, and the chill of leaf-bare was beginning to creep up upon the Clans. A shiver traveled down the gray furred apprentices' spine and he fluffed out what he could; though, having a shorter pelt there wasn't much he do to in aiding his body in warmth.

Once they reached the training moors, a setting Jaypaw had familiarized himself with on his first day of training, he sat back on his haunches as well, tail tip flicking back and forth beside him. He watched Shiningfeather as she spoke, nodding in each appropriate place. He hadn't completed much of anything with his former mentor, aside from basic offensive and defensive tactics, before dropping him like a vile piece of crowfood.

"I've learned some basic movies, but nothing to the point where it would be considered "training", I guess," the apprentice replied, giving a shrug of his shoulder. As she mentioned the ensuing battle that was stalking both Clans surely in the shadows, Jaypaw felt his muscles go tense. He knew that when the battle did come, he would have to make a choice: stick beside WindClan, the only home he really knew, or fight alongside ThunderClan, his place of birth. It seemed the nightmares were slowly tearing their way into reality now, and Jaypaw had to force the dark thoughts back into submission.

He met his mentor's gaze head on, making sure it didn't waver or falter. "Yes, I understand. I need to be able to defend myself and WindClan." Though his tone was firm and his gaze determined, he was still unsure of what decision he would make when the battle really did come. He hoped Shiningfeather might understand a bit, and just focus on teaching him the best battle moves possible.